Todays events at IRP

The previous posts tell the true story of diesel racing.... After having an issue with my truck, both the TS Crew and Stuckey Racing Team helped try to resolve the problem. When that was not possible in the allotted time, Jeff Garmon (who we just beat the previous round) and Team No Limit both offered me their truck as an alternate to make the showing:thankyou2:

Watching Phillip Palmer (driver for Team Stuckey) help Darron "o ring" the new head (on Darron's trailer - no less) on Sunday morning took a page from NHRA between round rebuilds.

It was great meeting everyone and seeing the "regulars". I would like to clear up a rumor.... (which may or may not be substantiated with pictures or video) I absolutely did not enjoy driving Jeff's truck to an 11.16 pass:woohoo:

Thanks again to everyone. We had a great time.

N2O Dmax said:
The previous posts tell the true story of diesel racing.... After having an issue with my truck, both the TS Crew and Stuckey Racing Team helped try to resolve the problem. When that was not possible in the allotted time, Jeff Garmon (who we just beat the previous round) and Team No Limit both offered me their truck as an alternate to make the showing:thankyou2:

Watching Phillip Palmer (driver for Team Stuckey) help Darron "o ring" the new head (on Darron's trailer - no less) on Sunday morning took a page from NHRA between round rebuilds.

It was great meeting everyone and seeing the "regulars". I would like to clear up a rumor.... (which may or may not be substantiated with pictures or video) I absolutely did not enjoy driving Jeff's truck to an 11.16 pass:woohoo:

Hey Buck I know for sure you didnt like talking on my hot pink cell phone :bigsmile: LOL

Sheila

N2O Dmax said:

That sure was a big grin on your face when coming down the return road in Jeff's truck after your run :bigsmile: . But we are sure it was just miserable for you having to drive a Dodge LOL LOL . You made an awesome pass and we were glad to see the Dmax do so well. We know you have worked hard for it. Hopefully we can be together and race in Rockingham. Look forward to seeing you there!

Amy

It was nice to see everybody again and I wish I had more time to talk to everybody. I want to thank those guys, especially the No Limit team who worked with us till around midnight Saturday night chasing a boost leak, Scott finally got 1 real 1/4 pass on the truck, leaving softly we ran a 11.35@120, lost by .05 to the Smith truck.

Sorry to see both the Duramaxes break, wish the 70 Chevy would have ran, seeing darren get his truck running, then putting down that time, wow!, can't wait for the next one...

Ted

Last edited:
Ted, I thought you sold your truck? Glad to see you got a good pass in. I have yet to make a full pass..

I did sell it, Scott from MassDiesel owns and drives it, I just help him out with it now..

Bye Now said:
Hey Buck I know for sure you didnt like talking on my hot pink cell phone :bigsmile: LOL

Sheila

It was kind of a rough Sunday at IRP.... making a final pass in a Dodge:huh:: and then getting caught talking on a hot PINK phone afterwards:rockwoot:

Buck

N2O Dmax said:
It was kind of a rough Sunday at IRP.... making a final pass in a Dodge:huh:: and then getting caught talking on a hot PINK phone afterwards:rockwoot:

Buck

Hey Buck, I think we can agree the Pro Street racers have become more family and competitors only on the tree. It's great when brands are put aside, and everyone is happy seeing goals reached and records set. You and No Limit deep in the 10's was too friggin cool.

And I will have to admit, when you pulled up along side the dyno in Jeff's truck, I'm thinking " what the ...." LOL

Great to see all the regulars and welcome to the other new rides/drivers. What this sport is about IMO.

I personally think that all the racers are family.. Where else can you go and talk to all the racers and teams like that?? They all stick together and work with each other like no other sports...It's great.. I enjoyed talking to everyone of you, and hope I can talk the wife into letting me go to Atlanta., but then again thats gonna depend on when the baby comes?

Can't wait to see you guys at the next event.

Phil

That was an Awesome race... One I was glad I got to see.. Kevin got Darren on the tree.. but Darren got Kevin on the big end. Congrats to Darren Morris after the day he had Saturday he deserved it.

That's what happens when you run out of fuel at the end of the track. Truck wasnt hurt... always a good thing at the end of race day :bigsmile:

Sheila.......Which one of those trucks with the yellow thing behind it was Darren? I couldn't tell.

..PrestonL..

It was really great getting to see everyone again. We had a blast again this year and props to DHRA for everyting going so smoothly. We also wanna thank Dennis And Sheila (TS Performance) for letting us fly our banner off of their suite and feeding my tapeworm. LOL It was awesome meeting new people and hanging out, Not to mention the awesome action that we saw. I'm ready for next year!

Bye Now said:
That was Buck Spruill in Jeff's truck. He had a problem with his truck so Jeff had him drive the Silverline truck down the track. :ylsuper: Stuckey ran awesome. The final race was going to be between Darren & Stuckey Racing. As a matter of fact Stuckey set a new mph record of 139.10

The TS drag truck & Buck Sprull were the two 3rd place finishers. We ran Darren when he ran his 10.26 run. Our truck ran a 10.97 @118.94 mph on that run. It was alot of fun. Indy always is! Looks like Commerce, GA will be the next race for us. One thing I'd like to mention is that the entire field of pro-street teams are awesome. The way everyone works together and helps one another makes it what it is A GREAT TIME :rockwoot:

Mike Pliska from Isspro rented a U-Haul equipped with a diesel. He was close by on business and came up with one to race. He was the crowd favorite LOL in the street diesel brackets.

Sheila
TS Performance
Sheila,
Thanks for the plug, and for posting the photo!

Do you have any other photos or video I could get a copy of?

That was one of the most fun weekends I have ever had! Nobody believed me when I talked about running a U-Haul truck! It was sooooo hard to keep from busting up laughing when renting it and returning it!

It was great to meet so many of the people from the various diesel forums.

Thanks, Buck for loaning me the duct tape, as it was necessary to keep one of the magnetic door signs on the truck (it had a ½-inch thick layer of bondo on the door).

I spent plenty of time talking to some of our distrubutors and dealers, so I figure I could have justified the trip even without the racing. I may try to fly in for more of these races (like the GA race in Sept). I suppose U-Haul will catch on sooner or later and add something to their contract... I was really hoping the truck would be a newer electronic-controlled engine so we could do some "reversible" tweaking on it.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska

Mike,

Talk about a seasoned drag racer. Why I do believe you've been down the track before :bigsmile:

The Team Isspro U-Haul was a big hit. You should have heard the fans you had in the crowd :rockwoot:

We had a photographer and a video guy there at the track. I havent seen the videos yet, but I'll take a look and forward you over any photos or video we have.

Sheila Perry
TS Performance

Michael,

Did you make it out to the warehouse on Saturday night???

I didnt see the U-Haul there, but I didnt know if you rode with anyone?

Mike.

Back