Toolman's 11.34 CR run

Robertp said:
uh...........not with a common rail...........:eek:wned:

Well we've proven that its fairly easy to do this with a common rail, yall aren't doing anything special. Try doing it with a 24 valve :eek:wned:

All I'm saying is if you want to race, go race, none of the "real" racers do it for the money.

DIESEL POWER said:
well it costs money to go as fast as we do, maybe one day you will figure this out:eek:wned:

Jr, one day you'll learn to research people before you mouth off, don't you ever learn?

Toolman said:
Just thought I would post this video and time slip . I made this run on 5/4 but didn't say anything because I wanted to see what everyone did at the TS event and was hoping to get a full out run there but scheduling prevented that.
I was spraying on this run, but it was the first and only run with the spray, so there is some tweaking left to do. The track was really slippery that night and I couldn't hook up at all as you can see by the 60' time. http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/549e41c7-d19b-464b-958c-993000887ccc.htm

Congratulations on the nice times!

Robertp said:

I'm still trying to figure out how you :eek:wned: me on ths one.... tell me a diesel engine thats EASIER to make power with, than a CR? Even a 12 valve requires more work than a CR to make the power we're making these days.

Both of you just keep posting away though, your sales should be going through the roof any day now as a result of it all.

Robertp said:

That's right, NOT with a CR, Ted started with a motor that was virtually unknown at the time, the 24V CTD, and started working with it. Way back when a stage 3 injectior was thought to be really hot stuff and 450HP in a DD was something to talk about.

I'm not knocking what you and Wade have done guys, but just remember there are folks who have been there, done that, about the time you were getting a learners permit. Ted was out of the game for a while, he's getting back into it, I promise you this, if you find yourself lined up against him at a race in the future, bring your "A" game, you'll need it.

you know what ted has done is great and i knew that he has had some great achievements, but just as with the 24 valve the tuning required is criticle to how it runs weather it be a 12 valve 24 valve or CR it takes skilled tuning to dial it in. and believe me it's just as hard to tune a common rail- if not harder. i was stateing that money is not easy for me to come by so i will try to compete for money as much as possible............thats why i am asking if money were involved

dont get me wrong im not boasting by any means, but when you get to where we are every inch you adjust something can cost you a mile. i prooved that this weekend at the spring fling----i tryed the smarty a week ago at bowling green and my truck has not ran correctly sence then--why i dont have a clue but i would assume that the diablo that was on there before left a trace of something the smarty did not like. now my truck with the smarty or any thing else on it sucks, i lost around 200hp this weekend:doh:

#2 smarty alone 513hp max
#2 smarty with TS 583 HP max
NOS smarty and TS 675hp max
at 7400lbs i would be lucky to run a 12.0 with that power:bang

Good answer young grasshopper :rockwoot:

Believe me, I understand about the lack of money LOL LOL LOL

I completely understand the money issues, try fielding a pro street truck with no or little sponsor help, thats whay I had to get out of it and sold my truck. I just disagree with asking for money on order to race another competitive truck, just get out there and race, the money (if its warranted) will come in time, but you will never make enough to cover any of your costs, at most you might MIGHT get enough to cover your travel expenses and thats it.

Just get out there and race! :rockwoot:

ob1kobi said:
I completely understand the money issues, try fielding a pro street truck with no or little sponsor help, thats whay I had to get out of it and sold my truck. I just disagree with asking for money on order to race another competitive truck, just get out there and race, the money (if its warranted) will come in time, but you will never make enough to cover any of your costs, at most you might MIGHT get enough to cover your travel expenses and thats it.

Just get out there and race! :rockwoot:
yea your right, bowling green cost me $1500 alone.............

holy chit bruce, just noticed this thread. thats hauling the mail! nice job

btw, had a guy tell me that he ran a 12.1X in his cr red dualie, just what he told me

moss said:
holy chit bruce, just noticed this thread. thats hauling the mail! nice job

btw, had a guy tell me that he ran a 12.1X in his cr red dualie, just what he told me

Thanks Jeremy
I wanted to congratulate you on your 5th place finish at the Bowling Green pull too!

There are getting to be more and more fast CR's out there, now that we are getting some of the fueling isues figured out.

DIESEL POWER said:
yea your right, bowling green cost me $1500 alone.............

Then you won't be quite so shocked when you go to Indy then, he he

ob1kobi said:
Congratulations on the nice times!

Thanks Ted for the congrats!

As far as the money thing goes, it is not a big deal one way or the other because we are all out to have a good time . But as you know it costs alot of money to build somthing to run in the 11's not just the power parts but the upkeep on the driveline parts these trucks are heavy mine weighs in at 7300 with me in it. Just last monthe we put 3000.00 in the trans replacing twisted billet shafts and gear clusters . Yes it is a hobby and an expensive one and the faster you go the more it cost , and who is really benifiting from being able to say they have the fastest out there but the people selling the parts for them? I make a couple runs down the track and I have 10 people standing around the truck asking how I made it go so fast and what parts I used? I have bought all the parts on my truck and I have no financial benifit from being the fastest, I am not in the diesel performance business , it is just bragging rights for me . So if you can see my point here , it would be nice to have a sponser or two kick in because they will be the ones benifiting from the race , like the old saying goes what wins on Sunday sells on Monday! And if you don't ask it wont happen.

Toolman,

Times are awesome..... I remember just a few years back when running 12.0 was the fastest anyone had gone in a daily driver. My hats off to you!

Doug

Toolman said:
Thanks Ted for the congrats!

As far as the money thing goes, it is not a big deal one way or the other because we are all out to have a good time . But as you know it costs alot of money to build somthing to run in the 11's not just the power parts but the upkeep on the driveline parts these trucks are heavy mine weighs in at 7300 with me in it. Just last monthe we put 3000.00 in the trans replacing twisted billet shafts and gear clusters . Yes it is a hobby and an expensive one and the faster you go the more it cost , and who is really benifiting from being able to say they have the fastest out there but the people selling the parts for them? I make a couple runs down the track and I have 10 people standing around the truck asking how I made it go so fast and what parts I used? I have bought all the parts on my truck and I have no financial benifit from being the fastest, I am not in the diesel performance business , it is just bragging rights for me . So if you can see my point here , it would be nice to have a sponser or two kick in because they will be the ones benifiting from the race , like the old saying goes what wins on Sunday sells on Monday! And if you don't ask it wont happen.
well said bruce.

thanks brucy! we will see you in indy right? see what kind of carnage will happen there.

hey bruce, why dont you go on a diet!:poke: :hehe:

oh yeah, i meant the truck too!

Hey there guys.. Pumps are on order for the 06.. Just gotta make up my mind on which turbo to run with them.. I hope to have it pretty quick when the parts start rolling in.. I'd like to make Indy and hang out with you guys, but I was gone for over a week when I went to TS..

moss said:
thanks brucy! we will see you in indy right? see what kind of carnage will happen there.

hey bruce, why dont you go on a diet!:poke: :hehe:

oh yeah, i meant the truck too!

Yeah! I have to cut back on the pizza and beer !! I wish it was that easy for the truck !

Morse said:
Hey there guys.. Pumps are on order for the 06.. Just gotta make up my mind on which turbo to run with them.. I hope to have it pretty quick when the parts start rolling in.. I'd like to make Indy and hang out with you guys, but I was gone for over a week when I went to TS..

Sounds like you are on your way to a 10 sec truck, Better get the cage on order too !
It would be great to see you in Indy and raca quick diesel with you again !! If you have't ever been to Indy it is the best time.

Back