Toolman's 11.34 CR run

Toolman said:
Thanks Ted for the congrats!

As far as the money thing goes, it is not a big deal one way or the other because we are all out to have a good time . But as you know it costs alot of money to build somthing to run in the 11's not just the power parts but the upkeep on the driveline parts these trucks are heavy mine weighs in at 7300 with me in it. Just last monthe we put 3000.00 in the trans replacing twisted billet shafts and gear clusters . Yes it is a hobby and an expensive one and the faster you go the more it cost , and who is really benifiting from being able to say they have the fastest out there but the people selling the parts for them? I make a couple runs down the track and I have 10 people standing around the truck asking how I made it go so fast and what parts I used? I have bought all the parts on my truck and I have no financial benifit from being the fastest, I am not in the diesel performance business , it is just bragging rights for me . So if you can see my point here , it would be nice to have a sponser or two kick in because they will be the ones benifiting from the race , like the old saying goes what wins on Sunday sells on Monday! And if you don't ask it wont happen.

Congrats!! :rockwoot: Guess dem CR's ain't the dyno queens the 12v guys were claiming! :D

The money thing is a beetch. Our family hobby is racing, and money nearly stopped us. We used to race a Corvette extensively, and when it broke about $30k worth of parts in a year (3 rears, 2 trans, 1 engine), we moved to trucks to save money. RIIIGGHHTT~!

Our attempt at a fix was to start to sell race stuff part time. It doesn't make money, it just makes us able to afford to keep racing on our regular paychecks. And it's certainly not a solution for everyone. Sponsorship is a toughy. I have shops that assist us by getting us parts at dealer price, but I am wary of being "owned" by anyone, and my back is giving out which stops me from bending over to kiss ass easily. If I was shorter, perhaps.

The rollbar issue is really the breaking point. I used to love my truck, but after the rollbar, I just "like" my truck. It really is a PITA. I liked my cargo area behind the seats, I liked being able to haul the kids around, and I REALLY liked my 10-way power leather seats. I miss them.

But it is cool when you pull back around into lanes after a pass, and a dozen folk swarm your truck. WTF WAS THAT???? :D

But you probably will get a rollbar. What happens is that you get kicked off your local tracks after you run under the number a couple of times, you get pissed, and git-er-dun. Caution, if you have someone do it, make sure they have done trucks, and ask to see one they've done. I'm not entirely pleased with the bar in Casper. But I love how the bar was done in our Vette. Night and day difference.

Again, CONGRATS!!!

:tree:

Bruce, I wish I could make Indy.. It was really nice putting faces and hanging out with the guys I talk to all the time on here.. Your truck is haulin'. Now the addiction continues for you as well.. What's next? =)

i dont know, im with bruce and Mcrat cageing the truck would take all the fun out of it and make it strictly a "race car" then of course you cant use it as inteneded and your "expected to go faster" and it cost more money to do that, especially considering NO ONE is really trying to support those that are pushing the limits of diesel motor sports, this is nothing like regular drag racing or nascar. we need more support and better parts to continue pushing 4x4 daily drivers, 7400lbs is not going to make low 11's very long!

On the money thing, here's one I really like:

I want to test a "gadget" on Casper. I call the mfr after meeting with him at the track. I order one at full retail + shipping. (I could have bought cheaper through Summit, but since I called them with tech questions, they get the sale.)

They want to send me stickers to put on my truck to advertise. I wonder how much they will charge me for the stickers? :D

I put a Mcrat sticker on the Comp D cooler and havent seen in invoice yet LOL BTW, It helps me drink them much faster LOL

McRat said:
On the money thing, here's one I really like:

I want to test a "gadget" on Casper. I call the mfr after meeting with him at the track. I order one at full retail + shipping. (I could have bought cheaper through Summit, but since I called them with tech questions, they get the sale.)

They want to send me stickers to put on my truck to advertise. I wonder how much they will charge me for the stickers? :D

thats the sad part of diesel support, were are the guys that just throw some free parts in and if your getting plenty of exposure--money. that would boost diesel motor sports tremendously IMO, i think it would make us work at going faster quicker.

i have a few guys i support and while im not made of money i give them parts for cost and sometimes free installs, thats what i feel most should start doing if you have the money to do so it's a write off, then you get some of it back at the end of the year, plus much exposure!
dont get me wrong most that support me are doing great, but i feel that as a whole sport, companies should pick up the sponsorship side of things.

what i have done would have never been possible with out the help and support of my sponsors,
and to my newest sponsor: SNOW PERFORMANCE

Last edited:
Timbeaux38 said:
I put a Mcrat sticker on the Comp D cooler and havent seen in invoice yet LOL BTW, It helps me drink them much faster LOL

I sent one! :confused: It came back in the mail. It was stamped "Trailer been moved, y'all!"

:D

thats the sad part of diesel support, were are the guys that just throw some free parts in and if your getting plenty of exposure--money. that would boost diesel motor sports tremendously IMO, i think it would make us work at going faster quicker.

Go win some races, build your resume' and you would be amazed what can happen. Many vendors have learned from "I promise I'll go fast" experiences.

Congrats Bruce! Ill see ya at Indy...

I wish I had some sponsers...LOL!

You guys need some rpms...

DIESEL POWER said:
how is that new bullydog program working for ya?

The scary larry? Its great. More power than the new beta smarty... Other than that I dont know what your speaking of...

My truck is slow now. Im trying to round up the money for twin pumps, valve springs, bigger turbo, and injectors before june 9th. I doubt it will happen...

Luken said:
The scary larry? Its great. More power than the new beta smarty... Other than that I dont know what your speaking of...

My truck is slow now. Im trying to round up the money for twin pumps, valve springs, bigger turbo, and injectors before june 9th. I doubt it will happen...
"got rpm" ring a bell?

bullydog rocks to the tunew of 10s ???? maybe coming to a track near you

greyrig05 said:
Ding Ding Ding..........

Yeah ! I heard there is some grey truck down south that has allot of RPM'S that's going to show us how a common rail is ment to run. So James , do you have the truck tuned in and are you going to make it up to Indy? If so I look forward to getting the chance to meet you guys and seeing that rig run !! I cant wait to hear a common rail with some RPM'S

Back