Trans Brakes

Any reason that you went with the Bruno drive over something like an alchy 3 stage clutch? I know that with a Lenco and that style clutch, you can have something that works similar to a Trans brake.

The dragster has a Molinari multiplate clutch in it that's real similar to a T/A rig.

Works well so far - really likes a discreet staging fuel / timing map.

Big thumper, how do you stage the truck with the multiple clutchs? You running a lenco? Which gear ratio you running?

Big thumper, how do you stage the truck with the multiple clutchs?

Truck still has the Bruno Converter-Transbrake / Liberty combo.

The dragster has the foot / centrifrugal clutch ahead of an airshifted Liberty. Roll it to the lights, drag the handbrake, light both beams, hard on the handbrake as the clutch and throttle both go to the floor. Engine comes up to 5500 on the two-step in about 0.4 sec and is ready to launch.

You running a lenco?

Liberty XT 5-speed. Hand-shifted in the truck, airshifted in the dragster.

Which gear ratio you running?

Low. ;)

Have you guys ever had a problem with the Bruno brake slipping?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Have you guys ever had a problem with the Bruno brake slipping?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Yes - we started baking the standard brake band about a year ago when we made a couple more jumps in staging speed and power.

We're currently using a high-static friction band from Hughes and running as much bottle pressure as we can to make it hold. I believe the band is standard TH400-geometry.

i have one in the Ramcharger and yes it does work ,it allowed me to get about 1500 more rpm out of the stall but i could not inch into the beams because once you lock 1st and rev. togehter its enguaged or not and my brakes will not hold back the Ramcharger.If i had all the time in the world in the lights i could get 30 plus psi to 3,000 rpm then release the button and then something cool might happen but for me tire spin and broken pinion. I do have a lot of bugs to work out and most of it is in 60ft mark im runnig a stock fuel plate to the fire wall and AFC to take power out tell i get this this thing out of the hole and i just upgrade my 9inch to 3.40 Pro gears. I hope this helps .

Cool charger!

Back