Truck drives like sh*t with good parts

Ahh thank you for the link sir!

Undecided if I'm going to tighten up my stock box or mess with the Borg. Might call them first.

Anyway the damn fass pump is getting weak again so guess I'll order my 3rd motor tomorrow. This truck hates me

I put the borgeson quick ratio in mine, it helped a little but it has less steering throw than a stock one. I wouldn't do it again.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You could go with Bilstein 4600's, there like $20 cheaper than 5100's. Geno's Garage is doing 10% off shocks when you buy 2 or more.

Interested in the steering throw as well.

You could go with Bilstein 4600's, they're like $20 cheaper than 5100's. Geno's Garage is doing 10% off shocks when you buy 2 or more.

Interested in the steering throw as well.

Well ordered some parts hopefully getting them on Friday here's what I got
08.5 steering
Bilstien 5100s for the front
Poly sway bar bushings
Kyb dampner
Xrf ball joint set.

Undecided on steering box thinking about putting the stock one back on and adding the brace.

Also going to check wheel bearings maybe get um warrantied for the hell of it.

You guys are all 4WD but mine is 2wd and rides like crap compared to my Ford. So to remedy the issue I'm going to put air ride "assist" call it on mine. On the rear I will be installing Firestone ride - rites and will remove the overload springs and the bottom fat spring and also use 2" lowering shackles.
On the front I will be using coil springs with a lesser weight rating and using Firestone coil rites. I'm also going to use Bilstein shocks front and rear along with replacing all bushings.

theres a company that makes control arms and custom 4 link for these trucks. I have the custom 4 link on my truck and it is night and day difference. my truck rode like **** before I put them on and now it rides like a dream. the guys name is miles flight. his company is flight fabrications. you can look him up on facebook. he does excellent work.

I wonder if a steering assist cylinder like offroaders use would help the steering box problems. It would take the load off the box. I've had new or near new second gen trucks drive worse than 300,000 mile trucks.

Back