Truck is leaking out of crank case vent tube, couple drops per day

9t5twelvevalve

everytime i park my truck, overnight it leaks a couple drops onto the driveway out of the crank case tube, what could cause this? and how could i fix it? all i can seem to find anywhere is people posting about a huge load of oil comin out, mine is barely anything, but still noticeable when theres black spots all over the driveway, any ideas? thanks

So does all it do catch the oil? It doesn't replace it into the oil pan or the block correct?

No I've seen guys build containers that feed it into the oil dipstick or they modify their oil pan. Just some thoughts. It's something cummins should have had a better design for. It would be easy to build a container with a crankcase breather then have the bottom feed into a hole at the bottom of the dipstick.

No I've seen guys build containers that feed it into the oil dipstick or they modify their oil pan. Just some thoughts. It's something cummins should have had a better design for. It would be easy to build a container with a crankcase breather then have the bottom feed into a hole at the bottom of the dipstick.

I think that's what I'm going to do, would have even nice if they could have done it in the damn factory lol, but at least this way I can get it exactly how I want it I suppose

I've got a 12v in a square body Chevy and for some reason it was makin so much cc psi that it would blow the tappet cover gasket. It's done this reapetedly. I bought one of the twin valve cover breather setups and no longer have the problem. Just wondering why it would make so much pressure.

I just put a clear oj container on the tube. Wired it up to something, can't remember what. I just check the level when I change oil. Empty as needed.$.02

Have you guys considered plugging the crankcase tube and installing a breather right on top of a valve cover or do you think it would clog to easy with blowby?

run breathers into your down pipe at an angle which will also create vacuum which will take care of your problem

oil & soot in the exhaust.... thing's going to look like a creosote mill

oil & soot in the exhaust.... thing's going to look like a creosote mill

yeah i was thinkin the same, i dont want my truck smokin white lol.. i think im just gonna run the breather all the way to the crossmember and just construct a little reservoir that i can empty out everytime i change the oil

Mine started to drip just a little when I put the twins on. Didn't worry much about it until my wife said "I don't care what you spend on the truck, as long as it doesn't drip on the driveway". After that, I stuck a small plastic bottle on the vent hose, and replaced the oil filler cap wth a breather. Six months later, the wife is happy and there's only an ounce of oil in the bottle.

Back