Truck is leaking out of crank case vent tube, couple drops per day

Well….I'm going to try this for now, then if it starts leaking out of the filters, I'm going to get two if not three of the "dual vent covers" from Cummins to hold it over until a rebuild (if needed). Also, I'm going to run some Lucas oil additive/stabilizer in hopes of easing the blow by. (Although….when I take the oil cap off while running, theres hardly any white smoke). I thought I'd post this in case it works, maybe it'll help someone.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Well….I'm going to try this for now, then if it starts leaking out of the filters, I'm going to get two if not three of the "dual vent covers" from Cummins to hold it over until a rebuild (if needed). Also, I'm going to run some Lucas oil additive/stabilizer in hopes of easing the blow by. (Although….when I take the oil cap off while running, theres hardly any white smoke). I thought I'd post this in case it works, maybe it'll help someone.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

So did you just drill into the clearance you had made on the covers for the studs than add the filter over top?

yes sir. A 3/8 th's inch hole was drilled into the "caps" and the filters were installed

Back