Truck Pulling Game for Android - 3D!

With this new version I will try to make the trucks different parts be able to have different colors, etc.

I realized I could have a lawsuit on my hand if I keep using Chevy and Ford in my game as well since I am not licensed to do that, so that will go out of window as well.

I'll just start making the game and try to make it a lot better, and release it on Android and iOS at same time.

Like you said, those who are willing to buy the game will be willing to buy it again for a lot better version for just another $0.99. If they complain, they are too much of a tightwad hahaha.

BTW, I will try to implement the clutch/throttle scheme into this new version from the start!!

Thanks for the help guys...

The NTPA just asked if I wanted to partner with them... heck yeah!!

Ok guys, so I know I already kind of asked this, but I really need to figure out how I am going to do this...

Like I said I am remaking the game pretty much from scratch: graphics, controls, menus, setup, garage (custom paint color) etc...

I am going to be designing it ground up to work on Android, iOS, Mac, and PC (yes, even gamepad/wheel support!). I could even put it on Xbox if I wanted.

So most everything will look different, even the trucks will represent as many real pullers as I can, etc.

It would make life a lot easier to release it as a NEW game. I could call it "Truck Pulling 2", or "Truck Pulling NTPA", or "NTPA Truck Pulling".

I think I am liking NTPA Truck Pulling (if they let me, and as that would seem the right choice since I am releasing for most platforms as first release!).

1. People already complain because it's not free or the game sucks etc etc
2. Will people retaliate when they see I release a new version (even if it is a lot better!) because they already paid $1 for the first one, and possibly more money for in game money purchases...? I could still do some updates for the previous games of course...

I just don't know what to do, I spend tons of hours trying to make people happy and they love to stomp all over it. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Don't worry about people complaining about another 1$ or two. For everyone one complaint there must be 10 (or more) praising you!

I give you complete permission to try and use our truck as a modal for a "dodge" puller :)

There is so much potential to what you are doing. If you got into buying new tires, or sharpening tires, would be neat. Probably get into way to many licensing problems after awhile.

Thanks guys.

People drive me nuts with the reviews/ratings though... The truck pulling demo has 121 5 stars and 85 1 stars... with a sprinkle in between.

How does one person say "So sweet!!!! This game is badass! But needs to have higher payout to buy more trucks and upgrade, but none the less still so sweet!"

And another says "This is not good, this game is a waste of time do not download" and "dont download sucks donkey balls!"

Prolly cause it didn't involve birds and stick houses. Keep up the good work, gota start somewhere.

Kn8GLV2.jpg

Kind of to show what I have so far...

That smoke is realistic looking smoke particles that come out of the stack and billow into a cloud... still tweaking to look a lot better.

So as you can see there is a gear on left (clutch) and spark plug on right (throttle).

At start they are at bottom of screen. You slide them up to about half the screen for full position. This already actually controls the tractor, wheelies, and it goes 300ft and the sled box moves up adding more weight, etc...

So now can someone explain how these two controls should make everything work.

Here is how I thought it normally works:

1. Increase throttle to near 100%, RPM increases to almost max RPM
2. Let off clutch, at about 25-50% range (of moving it up), build turbo boost.
3. This boost increase adds even more force to the tractor, it might start moving slowly
4. Once boost is maxed, you completely let off clutch (move slider all the way up) and off you go down the track!

Ok, so then should you have to steer (brakes)? Just let it go down middle? At this point you are just watching if there is no steering...

Should I make the sliders go back down to bottom if you let go? (Only if no steering). If they go back down, and you let go during pull that would pretty much ruin pull since you'll lose all your momentum and boost, etc...

Tell me what you think would work best!

It doesn't cut power at 300ft... at 315ft and over a certain velocity it cuts power because otherwise you are just going to go off the track.

just wondering cuz i can get 650' pulls with my Super Farm Tractor in the demo one, also got the full tractor app and it stops around the 325-340' area

Last edited:
You know I am not the guy who made the other 2D one, right?

Can someone explain their idea of controlling the clutch/throttle please? :)

Throttle you're pretty much right on. Max it out as soon as you get the green flag, wait for boost to start comin up, and ease the clutch out.

If you let the clutch out to soon, or to fast, you'll snuff the turbo. Take to damn long lettin it out and you smoke the clutch.

Make the throttle "key" live, if you let off the RPM's drop. But the clutch ought to be a let it out and forget it "key." If that makes sense.

Yep, makes perfect sense, thanks!

Hey, if you don't mind giving me the same advice on a drag racing control scheme really quick...

I was thinking of having a "clutch" button on far left bottom, gas button on far right bottom, and then a Shift + above gas button and shift - to left of gas button.

So basically you are holding gas, then let off gas button, hold clutch, hit shift +, let off clutch, hold down gas, repeat.

Does that sound good??

Diesel racing?

Or gasser racing?

Most of the diesel guys... Well ALL the diesel guys that're making any decent show of themselves, are racing some form of auto's.

So, I'd do a sliding throttle on the right, brake on the bottom left, with the +/- over the brake if you wanted.

If you aren't on the throttle hard enough, you snuff your turbo leaving the line. Get on it to hard, and you push through the lights.

Probably post a thread in the drag racing section and ask those guys though, I'm not much of a drag racer.

Back