Truck Pulling Game for Android - 3D!

What is difference in the paid version on tractor pulling?
You only can use two trucks in the demo, the paid version has all trucks (so you can pull in any class).

I wish you could sit at the line, build boost and meter out the clutch like a real one. And leave at different rpm and boost levels.

I dont like just hitting the button and going. Theres no skill involved really. Other than that, its great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Trust me, I know what you mean. Honestly, I would LOVE to do that, and maybe you guys can give me some suggestions...

But here is why I didn't do that: sound effects.

It is already hard enough creating the sound effects I have now in a way that they match up with what the truck/tractor is doing.

The problem is creating the sound effect, making it ramp up and down realistically, as the RPM goes up and down. Let alone turbo sound effects.

Now you might be thinking, "they do this in all the big racing games and it sounds amazing!". That is because they pay a dedicated company that sets up 8+ microphones around a V8 for example and then record it at different RPM's etc.... lets just say that I don't have that capability.

So, I hope that made sense... Now here's another option I just thought of...

I could make it so that at the starting line, it just plays the typical "idling" sound effect, BUT you have full control over throttle/clutch. Once the truck gets to a certain (pretty low) speed, change it to the pulling sound effect.

Any ideas? Comments?

Also, check what I just made:
f3p6t.png

Anybody want to drive that bad boy down the track at 300+mph, possibly crashing and twisting in the air, all from the cockpit view, top view, side view, etc? With flame shooting out the exhaust. :D

Of course I will put diesel trucks in as well....

:tree:

Last edited:
Give it a little more control of the throttle if you do it. That would be awesome. But I love the effort. Keep up the great work.

What if we record our trucks at different rpm and send the sound. Say 48000 at 24 bit. Would that work? I can probably rig a decent Mic near my tailpipe and spool the truck.
Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

Last edited:
Yes do it for iPhone first please.

I am working on this for Android while I wait for all the MacBook and iPod parts to come in, I can't do anything until then.

Give it a little more control of the throttle if you do it. That would be awesome. But I love the effort. Keep up the great work.

What if we record our trucks at different rpm and send the sound. Say 48000 at 24 bit. Would that work? I can probably rig a decent Mic near my tailpipe and spool the truck.

1. For the drag racing, I plan on having the following vehicles:
4Wheelers
Motorcycles
Diesel Trucks
Semis
Muscle Cars
Super Cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc)
Funny Cars
Top Fuel Dragsters

Here is how I have been thinking of making the controls:

1. At startup, make a line go back and forth on a colored bar somewhat fast, and you have to stop it right in the middle. It will be making burnout noises during this. The closer you are to hitting middle of colored bar, the better grip you will get off start.
2. Will have the lights obviously, and when green you have to launch it by using the clutch and throttle, while going down track you need to shift (depending on vehicle), letting off throttle and using clutch and shift buttons.
3. Once crossed the finish line, your camera angle will switch to exterior view front angle, and you can see your parachute (if applicable) come out and your race stats will show be displayed.

Sound good?? Suggestions please!!!

-----

2. As far as the sounds...hmm.. I'm sure that would be nice to have, but I would have to revamp a lot of stuff to change it over, and I don't know if it would still sound/work very well. Plus I would only have sounds for one class of truck...

I figured it would be a little more complicated but if you need some audio I'm sure there are a few on here who can help. Is there any sort of size limit on the android market?

File size limit..? Somewhat... but wouldn't have to worry about that.

As I said though, I would need sounds for semis and all the other trucks...

i would rather keep the sound more basic but have the controls better. give us better control of the throttle and the clutch. the tractor pull app is pretty good with that.

Garrett

Can you give me a detailed description of how you would like the controls to be?

Please be very specific:

What kind of controls (buttons, slides, etc)?
What do you control when (only at start, entire track, etc).
What happens to the sounds at different times (dont play pull sound until move, but what if let off throttle down track..? etc)

That would really help me!! Thanks

Great job on this app! I have played both of them here and there the past couple of days and have a couple suggestions. For the controls issue, my idea would be to have slides for the throttle and clutch. However, it would be hard to work the clutch, the throttle and both brakes going down the track. So maybe once the tractor/truck leaves the line make the clutch and throttle slides stay in one spot so they don't automatically return (like the other tractor pull app). That would then allow the user to just work the brakes as needed down the track. Just a thought but really like it so far sir!

Can you add a "default view" option? That way we don't have to scroll through views unitll we see what we want.

Yeah, I could do that...

Hey guys, I think I am going to redo this entire game with an entirely different 3D engine.

I was going to have to do this to make the iOS version, but I think this new version will look sooo much better that I will have to change the Android version as well.

Should look a loooot nicer though!! And I can publish it onto iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Web all at same time!!

will we have to pay for it again?

What do you guys think? I know that you obviously think you already paid for a game and that it is waaay too early for the next iteration of it. I completely understand that.

The thing is... from a developer viewpoint, this is literally going to be a completely different game. From scratch the entire game won't use anything from the current game except the truck/tractor models themselves.

Assuming it works as plans this game will have full Nvidia Physics (meaning you are actually having real wheel spin and slipping and literally pulling the sled's mass, etc.)

It will have an actually realistic big smoke cloud that moves and all that... better looking track and environment, interface, etc.

So as a game standpoint, it's an entirely different game.

I guess I could ( and will probably do this) is grab all the save data from your current game (money, etc) and transfer it into the new game save file...

What's everybody think?

Discount the upgrade to existing customers.

So you think I SHOULD release it as "Tractor Pulling 2" or something?

If I do make it as a separate game... there is no real way for me to make it discounted to those who already bought the game, unless I do it manually (impossible).

It's looking like I will have to just replace the current game... and make sure it saves your money and progress (as some people paid for game money too!!).

Time frame of when the new version will be released?

Well it's a $4500 for the new program after buying the Android and iOS licenses for it as well... and I won't get that money until next month... but I can still do a lot of stuff and hopefully have it mostly working by then!

How much is the game 0.99$ 1.99$???

For what your doing I would pay twice. NO one else is giving us pullers what we want!
Keep up the good work!

You will have to get to a point where you make these trucks customizable with out own name of truck and colour scheme. Then someone how make events online where pullers in the same class can go into the same event and pull against each other.

Back