Truckers, lets see your rigs!

just not a fan of how they are built. had issues with sealing the cabs up. also they have a bad cross member below the trans. just not as friendly as a long hood could be. all opinions are based on my experiences. probably not the same for the next guy. Would take one over a Volvo or new freightliner

There is nothing perfect about any truck. I'm not a peterbilt purest. I just prefer driving one over most I've been in. I'm a small guy so I hear that's what I prefer the peterbilt cabs.

The biggest thing that bothers me about the 379 is that junky electrical box that always corrodes and screws everything up.

The biggest thing that bothers me about the 379 is that junky electrical box that always corrodes and screws everything up.

I do not like how it's on the floor. I think the 359 designs were better than the 379's personally.

that's one of the issues I had....
also don't get me wrong they are not bad trucks by any means . I would drive one if given the option just wouldn't personally buy one. For what your doing BRE I am sure it will be a great truck

that's one of the issues I had....
also don't get me wrong they are not bad trucks by any means . I would drive one if given the option just wouldn't personally buy one. For what your doing BRE I am sure it will be a great truck

Being a smaller guy I like the peterbilts cab. I like the gauges better as well. I personally don't like the kenworth cabs myself.

Having driven them both, give me a kenworth Aerocab any day over a peterbilt unibilt ultracab. I'm 6'2" and it seems to me like my 07 kenworth has MUCH more legroom than the 07 peterbilt I had

Modular cab kenworth's are HORRIBLE for legroom, the standard cab petes aren't that bad though

photo.jpg
Picked up this '92 this morning! Bought it very right, new crate Cat 425B 15spd. Changed the bumper and cleaned her up a little today! Came out of N.C. from an older man who really took great care of it, it's as tight as my new KW.

View attachment 45655
Picked up this '92 this morning! Bought it very right, new crate Cat 425B 15spd. Changed the bumper and cleaned her up a little today! Came out of N.C. from an older man who really took great care of it, it's as tight as my new KW.

You SUCK! That's awesome. Inside?
That's basically what I want. 15 with a B model cat. Pretty well what I drive right now too I guess lol.

You SUCK! That's awesome. Inside?
That's basically what I want. 15 with a B model cat. Pretty well what I drive right now too I guess lol.
Inside is full of chrome and rosewood! Doesn't look like the sleeper has ever been slept in. I'll get better pics Monday!

What are you guys gonna use it for?
Lowboy and dump trailers. It'll be under one of my 3 axle lowboys mostly. I'm lookin for trucks to replace a couple of older/less powerful trucks. It's got fresh red paint, we're gonna doll it up some more and keep it on shorthaul equipment.

Lowboy and dump trailers. It'll be under one of my 3 axle lowboys mostly. I'm lookin for trucks to replace a couple of older/less powerful trucks. It's got fresh red paint, we're gonna doll it up some more and keep it on shorthaul equipment.

It needs a driver and stacks right? Where do I send my info?

Back