Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Who makes a decent tool box that will keep my chains and straps dry? I'm tired of my steel side boxes leaking every time it dews.

thats why they are supposed to load those spools oo or over the axle's ... or over the truck tires .. not sure why they would have put it in the middle of the trailer to begin with ?
Weight distribution, too far to either end will put you way overweight on that axle grouping.

thats why they are supposed to load those spools oo or over the axle's ... or over the truck tires .. not sure why they would have put it in the middle of the trailer to begin with ?

All singles are loaded center you just can't haul them with junk equipment. Not all that uncommon to see 70-90k single coils but you need a big trailer. Seen some hauled between doors at the mills over 100,000#.

Mac makes the highest capacity flat rated at 80,000 in 4'. No one else comes close and guys try and do it with weak trailers and they break, happens quite often actually. Some lose wheels.
muruseva.jpg

Here's another about to break (zoom in on side rail). Love to see the rate cutters having a bad day!
3ubyzagu.jpg

Western express is know around here for not knowing what they're doing. Perfect example
agehugaz.jpg

Here's a pro mega fleet driver using straps, needless to say he wasn't allowed to leave the mill with the load.
nu6uvu6a.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bring one of these trailers and show you boys how to haul coils!! Hahaha

e9upupyz.jpg

Wow, Didnt know those coils weighed that much, i was guessing at around 20K or so, Guess 80K would make a trailer killer ..

Can they toss a steel plate down to help disipate the weight or have a holder fo sorts that would allow it to spread the load ? Probably just too much weight in general then I would suppose , More I think the more i think, no coils on my truck..

Jfaulkner, ever see any westerns hauling coils over there?? Those are the wagon of choice around here
y4ehujy3.jpg

dusumy6e.jpg

my dad was a steel hauler for wilson freight in the 60-80's. owner operator. he had those coils on his truck all the time...didnt have no fancy soft side trlr either.
old kw..some of em on here remind me of his trucks. always coe kw's...

BRE it's a dump truck, if it's working it will get dirty... LOL

Not necessarily... Lol I haul a lot of asphalt and a lot of sand. Neither of which constitutes my sled getting dirty. Lol

I'll bring one of these trailers and show you boys how to haul coils!! Hahaha

e9upupyz.jpg
Believe it or not but those won't stand much concentrated loads. Everything those haul are long and spread out. Seen a few multi-axle RGN's look pretty sad with a coil.

Wow, Didnt know those coils weighed that much, i was guessing at around 20K or so, Guess 80K would make a trailer killer ..

Can they toss a steel plate down to help disipate the weight or have a holder fo sorts that would allow it to spread the load ? Probably just too much weight in general then I would suppose , More I think the more i think, no coils on my truck..

Don't need anything with good equipment. Now some people strap their trailers to help hold the loads. Used to be pretty common around here until the companies started making bigger frames. I had my doubles strapped. I had a 3/4" alum band welded to the bottom flange after they chained the front and back and put 2 50ton jacks in the middle.
usy2ubag.jpg
gataneha.jpg
]

Jfaulkner, ever see any westerns hauling coils over there?? Those are the wagon of choice around here
y4ehujy3.jpg

dusumy6e.jpg

No the only Westerns we see here are a few belt trailers. Western won't make a big frame trailer, I flew to Boise about 10yrs ago and looked at some and they were clueless on load capacity. Bragged they had a 25k concentrated load rating on the Elite. They also won't make an aluminum frame. The M80 Mac has 1-1/4 bottom flanges and the beams are 29" tall. They will also build them with a 14" tall neck which is almost twice what others offer. And they'll install triple bags as a factory option.
e9ejaha2.jpg
6yjada3e.jpg

Last edited:
No the only Westerns we see here are a few belt trailers. Western won't make a big frame trailer, I flew to Boise about 10yrs ago and looked at some and they were clueless on load capacity. Bragged they had a 25k concentrated load rating on the Elite. They also won't make an aluminum frame. The M80 Mac has 1-1/4 bottom flanges and the beams are 29" tall. They will also build them with a 14" tall neck which is almost twice what others offer. And they'll install triple bags as a factory option.
e9ejaha2.jpg
6yjada3e.jpg

Maybe if we had steel plants around here western would come up with something for that market, their hopper trailers are some of the lightest and strongest trailers in the business, the hoppers, live floors, belts, and chip vans are kinda their thing, they build a nice flatbed too but nothing near as tough as what you guys need for the coils apparently. Haha

And you don't notice the dust? I'm in a loader all day long hauling that stuff around and I'm covered in it

Oh I do on the millings side but I thought you were referring to mix and I was like, this dudes on crack lol

Back