Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Ok, so what turbo exactly do we need to order, and where can we get the tune done?

Tradition Truck Service/Diesel Freaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't be serious?

Their "power harness" is a 1.3k-1.5k ohm resistor that doesn't do anything other than trick the ecm into thinking it has boost so it adds fuel early = smoke switch.

Their "fuel harness" is a 150ohm resistor that makes the ecm think the fuel is hot so it adds more to compensate for the lost BTU from hot fuel......only works until the fuel is actually hot. You can make your own for less than $2

Last edited:
????yep, I've done it. I would really just like to know where to ship this ECM to get a decent file put in it so the truck will run better, no programmers, no stupid harnesses, just a good, runnable file

591701a6356103b73cb43224b0181219.jpg

Anyone ever heard that story? I'm not buying it......

Anyone ever heard that story? I'm not buying it......
He's wrong. You can put an acert cam in a 6nz if you want, I wouldn't because you would be going backwards performance wise but it will run fine. You can't however go the other way. If you put a non acert cam in an acert it will pop/crack and run like ass.

Last edited:
That's what I thought.....know it all internet jokers anyway

Totally out in left field but I'm thinking out loud here.....would an ECM from a 1MM be a direct plug and play swap?

Last edited:
Totally out in left field but I'm thinking out loud here.....would an ECM from a 1MM be a direct plug and play swap?
Yes, and if it's an old original 1MM it's better because it will accept old pre-lowNox files. If it's a newer replacement it will still work but it won't take the old files, it will be identical to any 6nz/7cz/9nz/mbn ect.

Hmmmm......I may have a 1MM computer found that's still running the original 600/2050 file.

Man, I really should stay more involved in this thread....We just had our MBN tuned over at Rob's in St Paris and it made a huge improvement. The old 515hp tune wasn't bad until we had the ACERT tuned, then traded it off for a 550hp 6NZ...that made it feel sick.

We have ate about 3 compressor wheels in that truck, not sure about that, but we can't seem to find anything in the intake tract.

Chris

Mine has the 525/1850 file in it And it runs terrible, its going back home to Idaho for some work at the end of my shift on the 16th and the ECM is getting shipped off. Hopefully that, a new turbo, and a new manifold will solve the problem

Man, I really should stay more involved in this thread....We just had our MBN tuned over at Rob's in St Paris and it made a huge improvement. The old 515hp tune wasn't bad until we had the ACERT tuned, then traded it off for a 550hp 6NZ...that made it feel sick.

We have ate about 3 compressor wheels in that truck, not sure about that, but we can't seem to find anything in the intake tract.

Chris

Rob does good work.

Chris
Did you pull all the intake tubing and replace the filter when the first wheel died? Seen guys smoke one and never replace the filter and ruin 2 more after that because the first one blew pieces of the wheel back into the filter.

Well I told the boys to, but you know how that goes sometimes...It's been fine for a year now, so we'll see.

Chris

Back