Truckers, lets see your rigs!

The blocks aren't usually available in the US either. ***** of an engine to source when they window

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

The blocks aren't usually available in the US either. ***** of an engine to source when they window

If you're talking about the C18 the block and head are the same part number on C15, C16, and C18. I had this same discussion with someone else recently. Thank you again Mr. Faulkner for giving me the ammo to back that one up.

On Highway or industrial? I've only tangled with industrial 18s, but I suspect the part number revisions and availability will lean toward what I said, even for a highway app

SIS shows a new C18 crank at $9800, C15 acert crank at $6800 and the C16 is the same price but no availability.

Last edited:
On Highway or industrial? I've only tangled with industrial 18s, but I suspect the part number revisions and availability will lean toward what I said, even for a highway app

Just searching the block number for the SDP road engine these were some of the matches.

DD286F3D-A427-4BE6-8FB8-5F7A9FB3E64D_zpsta3k2iji.png

I dunno. I know the 18 we built in '11 had to come from Germany. I'd say the "new" revision is plentiful now

I must collect all those exploded C18s from our scrapyards and sell them overseas.
Maybe you should, give you something to do vs spewing BS online. I'll trade you C18 parts for all the european junk they've shipped here. Starting with the Paccar MX and I'll use the MBE4000 scrap as packing material. Scrap prices are down here which makes trucks powered by this junk worth even less.

Alright guys I'm needin some advice. My b model went down today. Pretty sure broken cam, got some pushrods for sure. It's about worn out anyways. I've got a acert sittin in the shop floor with a bad crank. I'm thinking about buying a c18 crank, cylinder packs, injectors etc. my question is how do they stack up with a good turbo and tuning set up compared to a c15 or 16 with a cam,injectors,turbo and tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going rate on a good used C15 crank has been $1000

I found a couple different part numbers for C18 crank that are possible in the 24M graders. I don't know what pricing is here through Finning though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435482894.180995.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435482904.881515.jpg

It came to me this morning, the SDP block can't be an equivalent block because the oil cooler is recessed into the water jacket.

Back