Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I wasn't sure. Not gonna try and pretend I'm a cummins guru lol.

If you sat back and looked through an older cummins cpl book, a lot of things a redundant, but any small little change means a different cpl number.

I bet we couldn't count on our fingers and toes the number of different CPL listings for just a 855 rated at 400hp.

If you sat back and looked through an older cummins cpl book, a lot of things a redundant, but any small little change means a different cpl number.

I bet we couldn't count on our fingers and toes the number of different CPL listings for just a 855 rated at 400hp.
Typical Cummins, 5 different injector options and 10 different turbo's for the same HP. I guess they just like stocking parts. One thing Cat did that was smart, doesn't matter the HP almost all the parts were the same.

Typical Cummins, 5 different injector options and 10 different turbo's for the same HP. I guess they just like stocking parts. One thing Cat did that was smart, doesn't matter the HP almost all the parts were the same.

The engine I have been looking at for parts has 15:1 pistons in the US, has 14:1 pistons in South America. Same exact CPL number.

I've been watching this for sometime. I've wanted to buy parts off the truck for my FLC but I think he wants to part with the big parts before the small stuff. I'd love to have this for the suspension!
Maybe you have already but if it were me I would make a phone call to the man and let him know that I'm interested in some of the parts before he just crushes it

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

It's about the last of the BC3s that made it into trucks, not anything special about it just a good solid engine.

And that is a low coolant flow motor? Not sure how important that is in the grand scheme of things

How much power do these motors support conservatively without wanting to melt down?

Last edited:
Maybe you have already but if it were me I would make a phone call to the man and let him know that I'm interested in some of the parts before he just crushes it

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have not called him. The last time I looked at it he only had an email address listed. We had an exchange back and forth.

Maybe worth a call, but getting it into the US from Canada is another hurdle!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1663958130555377&id=100008236171046

For those that have Facebook, pulling my brother's '94 W900 with a DDEC 2 12.7 Detroit with a custom sled pulling calibration and a billet 6 blade s475... Ran out of track, 5th gear on a Rockwell 10 speed with 3.73 gears and tall 22.5 aggressive rubber... Hit 2700rpm rev limiter through middle of the track!

Tell you what, I would never own one but those Series 60 engines will pull! There is a guy that we've pulled against with a Series 60 that is very tough. But everyone of them I've seen pull always hit the rev limiter.

Tell you what, I would never own one but those Series 60 engines will pull! There is a guy that we've pulled against with a Series 60 that is very tough. But everyone of them I've seen pull always hit the rev limiter.

I'm looking forward to making some more hooks next year... We used to have a guy with a cabover Pete with 855 that pulled locally, I helped them some, had a zero button in it, biggest injectors PP made, and a 1" gear pump...ended up putting a ball valve in cylinder head return line to shut it off at full throttle, would double rail pressure and really push the Fuel through the injectors, lol! Hardest running PT Fuel System I've ever seen. Ran a 88mm Turbo on it and beat some 4.1" Turbo semi's with Cat's in them, they were pissed and swore he cheated, lmao! We shimmed the 855 turned 3200+:hehe:

Video is stock 435hp injectors and cam... 185cc injectors I believe, I plan to go to the 14.1L 575hp injectors (I believe 235cc) and matching cam.

With 85% Fuel percentage bump on 475hp Australian cal, should be 800hp if you wanna believe it or not...

And that is a low coolant flow motor? Not sure how important that is in the grand scheme of things

How much power do these motors support conservatively without wanting to melt down?

No, not a low flow engine. 550 would be easy without getting into changing the timing.

3200 from an 855 is a walk in the park, 2:1 rod/stroke ratio makes sure of that. I know of some guys turning 3800 and up on stock internals.

Video is stock 435hp injectors and cam... 185cc injectors I believe, I plan to go to the 14.1L 575hp injectors (I believe 235cc) and matching cam.

With 85% Fuel percentage bump on 475hp Australian cal, should be 800hp if you wanna believe it or not...

I think hot rodded 12.7s are awesome. What I've yet to see and would absolutely love to is one of those pre-egr 14.1L engines hot rodded.

No, not a low flow engine. 550 would be easy without getting into changing the timing.

You get rid of the aftercooler and put an air to air cooler on that truck and I bet you see a bit more that 550 hp! God I want a BC so bad!

If end up looking for air to air cooler part number, I know a guy.

Last edited:
So... We did some things.
81110b9798d8853b50505c2cfa72f885.jpg

b003f6b07e5c108ea960885bb8729bea.jpg

Then I had to wait to get loaded so I did some more stupid stuff.
575bf8db97ab2441810a524bc8610baf.jpg

Polished door trim is moar polished.

One of those high rpm big cams, I think it peaks around 3800 down the track.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RvR13qQxdI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RvR13qQxdI[/ame]

Back