Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Ready for some warm weather.

null_zps4b15b9c3.jpg

I'm guessing you've had a chance to work on yours? I haven't even opened a door on my trucks since November... It so devastating!

I've got a brake troubleshooting question. My air brakes are extremely slow to release. I probably have to wait a good 15 seconds after releasing them to move or i'll just drag the trailer tires. They do not stick at all if I just use the trolley hand valve. Just wondering where to start. Another possible related/seperate issue is that I drop 4-5 psi just releasing my brakes. Truck is a 76 359..no air drier if that matters. All greaseable parts are well serviced.

X2 what you can try is putting your foot under your brake pedal an lifting it up. My kW was a touch sticky.

I misread the post before mine. I would say check your foot valve for sticking as well. If leaking chamber then air should drop while on the brake or off the brake not just 4-5 psi.

I get to start a swap of a Detroit 60 Series in place of a 8V92 in an Oshkosh.. This should go well.. Lol

Depending on the condition location and price I might be interested in that engine

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8V92 is locked up. Sounds as if it cracked a head and was putting antifreeze into the air box and was then draining it on the ground. Someone then thought they blew a coolant hose and hooked both air box drain hoses together refilled the antifreeze and kept running the truck till it seized up. We drained 22 gallons of antifreeze out of the crankcase.. So we have an old FLD 120 with a fairly fresh 60 series so it's getting swapped in.

Back