Truckers, lets see your rigs!

8V92 is locked up. Sounds as if it cracked a head and was putting antifreeze into the air box and was then draining it on the ground. Someone then thought they blew a coolant hose and hooked both air box drain hoses together refilled the antifreeze and kept running the truck till it seized up. We drained 22 gallons of antifreeze out of the crankcase.. So we have an old FLD 120 with a fairly fresh 60 series so it's getting swapped in.
Well, I guess that one just may be past its useful life... May it rest in pieces... :(

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've got a brake troubleshooting question. My air brakes are extremely slow to release. I probably have to wait a good 15 seconds after releasing them to move or i'll just drag the trailer tires. They do not stick at all if I just use the trolley hand valve. Just wondering where to start. Another possible related/seperate issue is that I drop 4-5 psi just releasing my brakes. Truck is a 76 359..no air drier if that matters. All greaseable parts are well serviced.

The 359 I run is like this on the truck side. My guess is some ole air lines need replaced.

More Cummins fun! 871 with 180k miles #2 and #6 piston cracked. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457395054.694785.jpg

870 with 30k on overhaul with cracked block. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457395092.843177.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1457395105.395039.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1457395114.477651.jpg

Bravo Cummins, you have one job and that's to build engines. Let's not try to be the best, let's just try to be a fraction better than the other junk available. Idiotic

More Cummins fun! 871 with 180k miles #2 and #6 piston cracked. View attachment 62123

870 with 30k on overhaul with cracked block. View attachment 62124View attachment 62125View attachment 62126

Bravo Cummins, you have one job and that's to build engines. Let's not try to be the best, let's just try to be a fraction better than the other junk available. Idiotic

What are these trucks/engines used for, and what is the tuning. I work for a company that has thousands of trucks primarily all Cummins. We don't see Hardly any failures like you do.

What are these trucks/engines used for, and what is the tuning. I work for a company that has thousands of trucks primarily all Cummins. We don't see Hardly any failures like you do.

Some are OTR running 200k per year. Others are farm trucks. Some are 6-700hp some are stock 400-485hp. The only things they have in common is they're all red. My dads 2250 is over 700hp to the ground and I'm just waiting for it to drop the crank in the dirt so I can swap it.

When a stock motor cracks a piston or breaks a crank its "driver abuse" but if a 700hp motor does the same "it has to be the tune" causing the issues because poor parts quality is never the cause.

Oh and these aren't all mine. The last two were texted to me and are being fixed in other shops both in Indiana.

We have a local fleet that bought a bunch of isx's, not one out 50 made it out of warranty without a major overhaul.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Chicken hauling was fun while it lasted, but it's on to better things!
a1b63e72571b4e3976697316e4239553.jpg

Pickin up my new wagon tomorrow
550d66888bf7bcdfb64bdfbd39221908.jpg

It's only an assumption but have you ever driven one? That was set up correctly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, we had a silver 475 for a little while, same trip I would only have to split down too 12th with my 855 had to drop two full gears with the Detroit. Unloaded it would scream, just not with any weight.

Yes, we had a silver 475 for a little while, same trip I would only have to split down too 12th with my 855 had to drop two full gears with the Detroit. Unloaded it would scream, just not with any weight.

Have you ever tried to pick up a turd from the clean end? It's the same as trying to get power and reliability from a 2 stroke Detroit.

Back