Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Picked these up the other day cause I didn't think they looked to Mexican

12828495_10204848468605694_3389601537068851478_o.jpg

Barely had enough room to double down and saved myself another trip Friday.

97A038E1-0628-450F-BB72-C0FDC2BAA9B4_zpsbylyhzpy.png

On another note, who are the ISX guys in here? We have a '15 T800 with a 600 horse ISX, 18 speed, and 430 something gears. Truck pulls like a freight train but here lately the fuel mileage is in the can!!! Something like 3.2 but that's dragging around 120ish most of the time. No other symptoms, everything else seems to be fine. We've only had the truck for a week, it's used, not sure on the miles but they're low. I'm starting to think that's why somebody else got rid of it.

Last edited:
The T6 in my pic above is gutless. We're worried I could have a head gasket on it's way out. 295K and I'm putting in about a gallon of coolant in the truck every 2k miles or so.
From the few other people I've talked to that own or drive them it should be good job security for you and keep you really busy.:hehe:

The T6 in my pic above is gutless. We're worried I could have a head gasket on it's way out. 295K and I'm putting in about a gallon of coolant in the truck every 2k miles or so.

From the few other people I've talked to that own or drive them it should be good job security for you and keep you really busy.:hehe:

Where's the coolant going?

Barely had enough room to double down and saved myself another trip Friday.

97A038E1-0628-450F-BB72-C0FDC2BAA9B4_zpsbylyhzpy.png

On another note, who are the ISX guys in here? We have a '15 T800 with a 600 horse ISX, 18 speed, and 430 something gears. Truck pulls like a freight train but here lately the fuel mileage is in the can!!! Something like 3.2 but that's dragging around 120ish most of the time. No other symptoms, everything else seems to be fine. We've only had the truck for a week, it's used, not sure on the miles but they're low. I'm starting to think that's why somebody else got rid of it.

3.2 rolling at 120ish doesn't sound that bad my family has one isx in a 9400 best it's ever got was 5.5 rolling less than 80k we'd get rid of the pig if it didn't have a nearly fresh overhaul.

What is anyone's experience with the Pacaar engines,I have been asked to take care of a fleet of them in T800's.
Some.
Could be EGR cooler.

Thanks for info.How about egr & other known failures. Who makes these engines or are they foreign? All I have been around is Cat & Cummins.
From the exhaust manifold back they are Cummins. Holset turbo and Fleetguard exhaust cans so the failures are the same as ISX just more money. Paccar Holset costs more than the same turbo for ISX. And you can't interchange easily because lines are different.

3.2 loaded both ways or 3.2 loaded one way @120k?

Thanks for the info,are the block& heads their own design? US or foreign.

Foreign, rear geartrain gayness. Great for a cabover not so much for a conventional truck. Ecm's are ignorant, logs when the first event of when a fault occurs but not the last. Diagnostic software is even worse. Wouldn't be surprised if it was designed by a 4th grader on meth. DAVIE 3 is bad but 4 is worse. Haven't seen a ton of failures that aren't emissions related. Occasional injector which about $650 each and a fuel pressure valves.

Back