Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Been getting used just to move trailers, still too hot to work.

Too hot as in fuel Cody?

Doesn't take long to figure that out with him. He still thinks those hideous cabover Scania's are going to take the US by storm. You know the ones with a 60" wheelbase and have a giant forehead.

Haha I know. I'll never even consider it.

Yeah, I can touch 13-1400* pre turbo just playing around on the roads bobtail.

Oh wow! Lol

I'm starting to wonder about this Bmodel I'm operating. Some days it feels super strong then others I'm wondering if it really is.

Never good fuelmileage with twins. Reliable Cat ?

I call bs on that.

My brother's '93 W900 has a ddec 2 series 60, we've had a 550hp Cal file and a billet s475 on it for 4-5 years, runs well and exhaust temps are always in check! I sent ECU to SuperSeries60 to have Cal changed.

Interesting. I tried getting a hold of them but never got back to me. Which 475 you running a box turbo? I'm not even sure what is on it for a stock turbo. Did you notice a big gain in power? Any idea what the ecu programming cost?

They are very responsive to fuel pressure changes, time to put a gauge on it and check the transfer pump.

Yeah, could be what is causing the power to one and go, a little two stroke oil with wag fill up wouldn't hurt either, extra lube is never a bad thing.

I have a gauge in it and keep a close eye on it. I also run howes or 2 stroke in every tank. I know 2stroke is a better lube but I try to run at least something in it at each fill up.

I'm most certain the feeling strong then not so strong is my head I'm most positive. Been bad about it my whole life lol.

However I just think it could use some more fuel up top.

I'm still learning mechanical.

Ya I like to use it to keep the system clean. Figured it's lubricating properties weren't the best but were there. I know it's help clean up some injectors and get my one truck running better. Maybe I should be switching to 2 stroke oil but the atf seems to be doing an ok job.

Would mechanical to electronically controlled make a difference? Not having the ip to libricate.

I run less in anything with electronic injectors as far as ratio goes.

Just like my vp truck I run a qt of 2stroke to every tank ~34 gallons.

I only run 1/2 litre per tank on my truck with 80 gallon tanks of atf and a touch more on my truck with 120's. So not really much.

I have a gauge in it and keep a close eye on it. I also run howes or 2 stroke in every tank. I know 2stroke is a better lube but I try to run at least something in it at each fill up.

I'm most certain the feeling strong then not so strong is my head I'm most positive. Been bad about it my whole life lol.

However I just think it could use some more fuel up top.

I'm still learning mechanical.

What kind of loads are you hauling when you think you have a bit of power vs when you think you're lacking?

My dad works a 500 hp 3406c daily. There are days where he is super impressed with the power then others where he thinks its a dog. On days its a dog he is grossing 100,000 lbs.

Heat and humidity also play a big factor in how a mechanical engine runs and performs.

What kind of loads are you hauling when you think you have a bit of power vs when you think you're lacking?

My dad works a 500 hp 3406c daily. There are days where he is super impressed with the power then others where he thinks its a dog. On days its a dog he is grossing 100,000 lbs.

Heat and humidity also play a big factor in how a mechanical engine runs and performs.

I don't go over 80k... Ever
A lot of times I'm 74-76k gross.

Very seldom do I keep up with anything besides Fedex and ups lol
With that said I'm also not out here with my foot buried in it on every hill. I try to keep the boost below 22lbs or so it'll only pull ~27 full tilt. 900* is about as hot as you'll see it get. Water and oil temps never seem to ride enough to even mention on a pull.
Fuel pressure is dropping to about ~30 under a hard load.

Is there an easy way to raise supply fuel supply pressure? I've never put a gauge on it, but my brother's 3406b we are gonna sled pull in a couple weeks. If I piggy backed a low pressure Larger FASS pump like a 240 (at 16 psi or so) to the factory lift pump, would that help or hurt?

Is there an easy way to raise supply fuel supply pressure? I've never put a gauge on it, but my brother's 3406b we are gonna sled pull in a couple weeks. If I piggy backed a low pressure Larger FASS pump like a 240 (at 16 psi or so) to the factory lift pump, would that help or hurt?

At that rate wouldn't it be easier to outfit the fass to be a standalone?

Back