Truckers, lets see your rigs!

We use three different brokers so I very very seldom run more than 100 miles empty

That's not too bad. Do you give your brokers a percentage of your 2.25? Or is that after they take their piece? We don't use any kid brokers the money I charge for a load is mine. I know u here you can be paying %20 for load brokers.

a6fa1f1ae277de47b5122edd420267c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sad phucking day when we classify 2.25 as good freight.

That's not too bad. Do you give your brokers a percentage of your 2.25? Or is that after they take their piece? We don't use any kid brokers the money I charge for a load is mine. I know u here you can be paying %20 for load brokers.
Our broker takes 8%, the loads pay by the ton but I always calculate the pay per mile, most of the commodities I haul pay a lot closer to $3 a mile, I hauled a load from Granger Washington to Hotchkiss Colorado that totaled up to just under $5 a loaded mile, but I had a 200 mile deadhead for a reload on that one. Commodities are where the money is out here in my area.

Last edited:
Serviced up and greased my ol tater toter today and got a picture with the sick puppy of the fleet, (she's got a wounded engine)

a488b323b60713bd58027943dc7f9ee0.jpg

We make pretty good money running for up to 4 times what the hwy guys are making but the better mileage I get the more money in my pocket. And a mile per gallon sure adds up on 250k plus km a year.

Sure love to have that power though esp in a toy. I'd like to make it down to Quebec one year for the event they out on down there. Looks pretty good from the videos I've seen.

Yea I see the issue with fuel mileage however some guys, me included would sacrifice fuel mileage savings in exchange for driving a truck we like with the power we love.

You tell me I can get 1mpg better but have to drive an underpowered POS and give up my conestoga and hand tarp, I'm going to tell you no thanks. If I can't enjoy what I'm doing the extra money means nothing. I can find other ways to make up the $$ difference.

I agree. Chugging down a road in a truck that has to drop a pile to climb a hill sucks. But my series has a 600/1850 tune and has good power and pretty good mileage. My older ddec 2 series 60 is stock and lacks power but does get great mileage. I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. Cuz I do want more power from it. But I haven't found anyone with good knowledge on the ddec 2 to help me out. We have no one up here. Even for cat it's still pdi tunes or what have you.

I would like to try an 1100 hp truck for sh!t an giggles though.

I agree. Chugging down a road in a truck that has to drop a pile to climb a hill sucks. But my series has a 600/1850 tune and has good power and pretty good mileage. My older ddec 2 series 60 is stock and lacks power but does get great mileage. I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. Cuz I do want more power from it. But I haven't found anyone with good knowledge on the ddec 2 to help me out. We have no one up here. Even for cat it's still pdi tunes or what have you.

I would like to try an 1100 hp truck for sh!t an giggles though.

My brother's '93 W900 has a ddec 2 series 60, we've had a 550hp Cal file and a billet s475 on it for 4-5 years, runs well and exhaust temps are always in check! I sent ECU to SuperSeries60 to have Cal changed.

hows she drive?

It drives okay, we drove it to all the pulls I took it too last season, needs updated to actual power steering instead of the hydraulic assist and it would be much better, needs a rear ratio change or a modern 13/18 or an old school double over to not be so gear bound.

You have to be an idiot is all I've gathered from your posts.

Doesn't take long to figure that out with him. He still thinks those hideous cabover Scania's are going to take the US by storm. You know the ones with a 60" wheelbase and have a giant forehead.

Back