Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I pull a deck and I'm always heavy thanks for your concern.

As far as the numbers, that's really world data over three different trucks. Nothing but hard undeniable data.

As far as the numbers, that's really world data over three different trucks. Nothing but hard undeniable data.

I have my own data that says the exact opposite of yours, soooo now what?

This is getting rich. So now you pull a skateboard, heavy, get 9 MPGs, make 500hp+, walk all over 15L Cats, with a 12L but want more? Hm. Feel like I've had this same conversation before....

This is getting rich. So now you pull a skateboard, heavy, get 9 MPGs, make 500hp+, walk all over 15L Cats, with a 12L but want more? Hm. Feel like I've had this same conversation before....

Lmao true story. Wait for the methanol injection that adds oxygen to the combustion. Combine that with a hydrogen generator he got from the back pages of a trucking magazine and he'll be getting 12mpg with 800hp

Last edited:

Hi

You need to pay attention. I never said I get 9 mpg but others do. It's not hard to make more than 500 with a bk60. There's a hill in wisconsin on 94 at mile marker 35 that I make about 95% power going up. A friend of mine has a cat 550 and he says he loses a couple mph with the same load.

Who doesn't want more.

Hi

You need to pay attention. I never said I get 9 mpg but others do. It's not hard to make more than 500 with a bk60. There's a hill in wisconsin on 94 at mile marker 35 that I make about 95% power going up. A friend of mine has a cat 550 and he says he loses a couple mph with the same load.

Who doesn't want more.

That is your evidence of "walking all over a 550 Cat"? You have to be kidding me.

Lmao true story. Wait for the methanol injection that adds oxygen to the combustion. Combine that with a hydrogen generator he got from the back pages of a trucking magazine and he'll be getting 12mpg with 800hp

Can't tell nobody about that hydrogen generator. Government has been trying to shut him down for years. They don't want him savin all that fuel.

Methanol is CH3OH

Why do you think race cars running it exclusively can run so rich? We're talking 4:1. Nitromethane runs about 2:1. You can also oxygenate gasoline. Q16 it's called. Adds a bunch of power but you need to run richer.

I'm an o/o an see your point on driving for fuel. Guess we don't make as much as the boys down south. But you can't set the cruise up here at 75 and keep rolling either. Our roads are chit. But they are saying you can run speed and get good mileage working the motor. My s60 with the 75 you don't like does good. I'm gonna guess if you just pull flat deck you won't have the drag or the weight we pull. Hay is one of the worst for drags. Or a 40 ton rock truck lol. The 75 on my truck that has 1.9 million km untouched besides reman injectors and recently new cam (stock). And some tuning, will pull good for the little engine it is and get great mileage doing it. While it won't pull besides my dads acert, you can beat it an not change the mileage much. You beat his cat an the fuel gauge drops. I don't know how this equates to what the Yankees make per mile but I run 6 axle step/flat for 5.50 cad a mile(4.13us roughly) and lowbed for 6-6.50 on 6 axle depending and higher the more axles you add. We can gross I believe 116,000 lbs on 6 axle using overloads 102,000 lbs on divisible loads up here.

I'd rather spend the money I save in fuel on stuff I choose...tools or other write offs to keep from giving it to the government. To each his own if you don't care about mileage then so be it. I drive how I drive I don't floor it when speeding up and I use jakes and almost no brakes for slowing down. If it saves me money I'm happy. I think the tuning saved me more in fuel and also drives better than anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Methanol is CH3OH

Why do you think race cars running it exclusively can run so rich? We're talking 4:1. Nitromethane runs about 2:1. You can also oxygenate gasoline. Q16 it's called. Adds a bunch of power but you need to run richer.

I want to add it does not add oxygen to combustion but rather doesn't need as much itself to combust.

How heavy do you run? What's heavy? What's your full setup?
If you're comparing your buddies truck to your "walking on 550 cats"? If so, since you run so heavy, let's play a game...
I'm heavy, you're heavy... who's gonna win? I mean how the hell do you figure in that? You guys spec'd exactly the same minus engine?
4048009ca3a29271cfdb0f180f991ee6.jpg

How heavy do you run? What's heavy? What's your full setup?
If you're comparing your buddies truck to your "walking on 550 cats"? If so, since you run so heavy, let's play a game...
I'm heavy, you're heavy... who's gonna win? I mean how the hell do you figure in that? You guys spec'd exactly the same minus engine?

I'm always 75k gross lately. I've had 57k on my fontaine revolution flat. 87k gross in canada.

02 t800
13 speed
3.55 gears
11r22.5 rubber
I run in 12th usually 61 to 65

Engine is a bk60
16.5:1 pistons
8309 cam
7650 injectors - want to upgrade
Borg warner 171701 - looking at the 72mm fmw, it can move serious air
Full tilt manifold
Divorced air compressor intake
K+N air filter
Leon smith tuned tweaked by yours truly
Duralite CAC
.010 on the intake instead of .008

Nothing special really. I forget that other guys specs but remember he runs at 1400. He was shocked when I told him that I don't even make full power on that hill. But he can lug his engine I can't.

I bet you have something real nice under thag hood. Nice truck.

Last edited:
75k is heavy to you?! Phuck...
I guess I'm not getting where you are so stuck on rpms. Why?

75k is heavy to you?! Phuck...
I guess I'm not getting where you are so stuck on rpms. Why?

Because he's a typical truck driver. He has nothing to do but drive and brainstorm about useless chit. And he will believe anything he hears on the radio and reads in the propaganda magazines. He's got a PhD in trucker BS and will spew it to anyone that will listen.

There is nothing wrong with trying to run a tight ship but damn. When you hear about guys getting amazing fuel mileage there is ALWAYS more to the story. Flat ground with 1/2 empty trailers driving below the speed limit. Now in the real world that doesn't work for most. If it takes an extra day to get a load off because you drove slow to save $20 in fuel can cost me another $600 load. Even a truck driver can see that math is chit. Also the extra time it takes to finish a run is less time I'm home. If your home life sucks then it might not have any value to you but to me it's worth more than the fuel costs.

Because he's a typical truck driver. He has nothing to do but drive and brainstorm about useless chit. And he will believe anything he hears on the radio and reads in the propaganda magazines. He's got a PhD in trucker BS and will spew it to anyone that will listen.

There is nothing wrong with trying to run a tight ship but damn. When you hear about guys getting amazing fuel mileage there is ALWAYS more to the story. Flat ground with 1/2 empty trailers driving below the speed limit. Now in the real world that doesn't work for most. If it takes an extra day to get a load off because you drove slow to save $20 in fuel can cost me another $600 load. Even a truck driver can see that math is chit. Also the extra time it takes to finish a run is less time I'm home. If your home life sucks then it might not have any value to you but to me it's worth more than the fuel costs.

I kind of want to frame this and put it on the wall next to our core values in the parts area.

Back