Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I didn't get to the pull till 930 bc of a wedding. I'll look for you next time, I only saw the RWYB class, 13,500 farm stock, and semis. How did you do?

Love the whistle from the twins! Were you peddling the throttle to take it easy on her? It Sounded like she wasn't holding a constant rpm. How'd you do at Williamstown?

We didn't make it to williamstown that's why we were much earlier than the rest.

I was peddling it the entire way down the track.

I didn't get to the pull till 930 bc of a wedding. I'll look for you next time, I only saw the RWYB class, 13,500 farm stock, and semis. How did you do?

Got third there was only five tractors that showed up. I tried the big cog and snuffed it are 298. Winning pass was 333.

Is there any company making stronger internals for Fuller boxes ? ProFab seems to make parts for Mack triplecountershaft boxes but didnt see anything for Eatons.

Probably makes a close ratio gear set for the Mack transmission but I have never seen other parts, that ratio set is only good for the pulling track.

Recently watch a guy run a quad turbo sigma pumped K series pull and he runs a RT12510 behind it, so I really question what people are doing to break a transmission.

I twisted a main shaft, but I was also doing something dumb when it happened.

Probably makes a close ratio gear set for the Mack transmission but I have never seen other parts, that ratio set is only good for the pulling track.

Recently watch a guy run a quad turbo sigma pumped K series pull and he runs a RT12510 behind it, so I really question what people are doing to break a transmission.

Twisted mainshafts are very common even behind L 10s when truck racing. They say it is made weak on purpose to act as a fuse. Tractor pullers who use Fullers in their modified tractors make billet shafts for them.

I don't know how you'd get enough power through the tires on a bobtail truck to twist a fuller main. The guys in Canada are using stock 10 speeds iirc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It goes with anything. People can break stock components on stock power if they aren't capable of driving. And people who know what their doing can drive with power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone know either the block deck height OR piston compression height of a c15/c16/c18 Acert or non-acert? Any single one will do.

I weighed some detroit monotherms. 12.7 is 3809 grams and the "heavy" pins are1337 grams. That's nuts! I bet the 14.0 monotherms are lighter because they have a shorter compression height. I can't imagine what some of the 5.4" + bore stuff weighs

A 5.4" bore monotherm from a 3408 weighs 7.3lbs, an aluminum for the same engine weighs 6.5lbs.

A 5.4" bore monotherm from a 3408 weighs 7.3lbs, an aluminum for the same engine weighs 6.5lbs.

That's only 3311 grams. Must be a shorter compression height. The detroit is a 5.12" bore

For comparisons sake, a buddy has a John Force signed top fuel piston and rod. The piston weighs 873 and the rod weighs 730. The Detroit "Heavy pin" weighs almost as much as both combined!

Last edited:
I traded in a K Series power unit the other day...once I see it I'll let you guys know what kind of shape it in...apparently they have gotten a lot harder to find than I thought they were??

Chris

I traded in a K Series power unit the other day...once I see it I'll let you guys know what kind of shape it in...apparently they have gotten a lot harder to find than I thought they were??

Chris

All of the old iron has been finding its way over seas the last 10 years. At one time there was a row of 100+ K series engines in Chicago Heights headed to South America.

Played steel hauler today moved 36,000lb of plate steel
And 10,000lbs of finished product
18922754_10212026716316787_1221215281549515228_o.jpg

18954730_10212026715476766_2042661158997528675_o.jpg

19024896_10212026713916727_2869837458090746481_o.jpg

I don't know how you'd get enough power through the tires on a bobtail truck to twist a fuller main. The guys in Canada are using stock 10 speeds iirc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Dont know but it was very common, Volvo boxes seemed to hold better. Tyres are not spinning at higher speeds so there is full torque even without load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160628-091641.png
    Screenshot_20160628-091641.png
    831.5 KB · Views: 0
Back