Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You are right. I started to ask you what you are grossing earlier.
Some files do EGT calculations based on engine load and other parameters, and can derate to prevent failure.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I just wanna load that 525 and see how long it'll last lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alright guys, you just bought a BXS C-15 and have no history on it, what would you do for maintenance/mods/flash files? Rating is 475. No major mods, just want it to live a nice life until rebuild time then do the compression drop and all that.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I've noticed that since I turned the throttle shaft screw up A bit that I'm seeing way lower cruising boost. Would 2 turns add enough pressure to increase timing? Before at 65mph and 1950rpm itd run 18-20 psi, now it's 10-12. Not worried, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
New info, 3 turns was too much apparently and the water has oil in it. Local cummins "guru" is sure that it's a holed liner, already tested the oil cooler.

New info, 3 turns was too much apparently and the water has oil in it. Local cummins "guru" is sure that it's a holed liner, already tested the oil cooler.

How would a holed liner put oil in the coolant? Should be the other way? Cooler would cause oil in coolant or maybe compressor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How would a holed liner put oil in the coolant? Should be the other way? Cooler would cause oil in coolant or maybe compressor.

Dunno, made zero sense to me but he was insistent. Needs to come apart either way.

Dunno, made zero sense to me but he was insistent. Needs to come apart either way.

Engine oil? Sometimes trans oil can get in through trans cooler as they can fail if they are tied in with coolant as well. If got oil in coolant I dunno if I'd be tearing it apart until you find out why....

Engine oil? Sometimes trans oil can get in through trans cooler as they can fail if they are tied in with coolant as well. If got oil in coolant I dunno if I'd be tearing it apart until you find out why....

No trans cooler, pulled the engine oil cooler and it tested good. Not much else that isn't internal that'd out motor oil in the radiator. It's getting a little water in the oil too

Don't really have time to go through a troubleshoot. Found a formula 350 for $1500, so it might just get that. It only needs to run for 6 more weeks and then it sits until next summer.

If I was pretty confident in the gead gasket idea, I'd pull the heads and throw a new set in. If it runs for a couple days and starts pushing oil again we're stroked for another week.

Oil in the coolant through a holed liner is one of those "you're full of ****" kinda things, but I am aware of two cats that have done it, and I have pictures of the one I took apart. The hole was in the land for one of the bands, and the oil from the cylinder was being pushed in to the coolant.
It is the wives tail you heard from your brothers cousin though. It just doesn't happen, and should be the last thing explored imo

8000-9000?

Yes my boss is looking into buying a dump truck and I'm trying to talk him into a tandem axle vs. a single axle. So far we have found a few 9000 series... all the ones I have found have had Cat's in them.

I found a 92 LT9000 tandem axle with a 3406B and 13 speed I really wish he would buy because he won't find one cheaper, and that's really overkill for what we need so it would be under worked instead of over worked.

1992 ford LT9000 dump truck - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Last edited:
You are right. I started to ask you what you are grossing earlier.
Some files do EGT calculations based on engine load and other parameters, and can derate to prevent failure.

That's really neat.

So I got my truck 2 weeks ago. Been a bit busy to post. The engine don't have a cpl that I could find. I got this number off the block 3013830. Also this number from where the dip stick is 501752c1. I'm not sure if that's just a part number. These numbers came from the passenger side. I couldn't find any numbers on the driver side. Just that it says big cam. Here is a pic of the truck and from the pt pump tag. Any info is greatly appreciated.
76c2d89ce84a056634e0d235eff5f7f8.jpg
c746bf4c26c91791f229700912085b2d.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So I got my truck 2 weeks ago. Been a bit busy to post. The engine don't have a cpl that I could find. I got this number off the block 3013830. Also this number from where the dip stick is 501752c1. I'm not sure if that's just a part number. These numbers came from the passenger side. I couldn't find any numbers on the driver side. Just that it says big cam. Here is a pic of the truck and from the pt pump tag. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The number on the pump is the fuel calibration code. Not sure if this can be traced to serial number and CPL. I don't believe so. I believe the serial number is stamped on the block below the cylinder head on cylinder number 3 on the intake side. I don't believe the CPL is stamped on the block anywhere.

Why not check with International and get a build sheet? It may take them sometime to research the build info but they should still be able to.

So I got my truck 2 weeks ago. Been a bit busy to post. The engine don't have a cpl that I could find. I got this number off the block 3013830.

I think you're missing a number. Quickserve doesn't find your ESN. All of the ESNs I have stored are 8 digits.

Back