Truckers, lets see your rigs!

That's a really sharp looking truck. Much better than the cap Pete has come out with lately.

It's hard to run this one, when I was in my old truck Sunday lol
523cb38de868994e138176d1ec392f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got this today needs some work but has potential.

Attachments

• IMG_20170807_173610831_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170807_173610831_HDR.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 0
Anyone have tuning experience with a c-13?

Pluck these c-13's.
I'm not so sure this truck doesn't have a problem though. The driver that was in it, was very quiet, older man, that just did his job.
The oil temp scares me... I've never ran one of these gutless pos's before but working it, it'll do 23-240 constantly on the oil temp side.

I ran one in a dump truck for a little while grossing 74,000 all the time. It did the job but I was always ready to get back in MY truck with the C15 Acert that was bumped up! :rockwoot:

I've ran small motors before, 12.7's and c-10's... they ran damn good, this thing wouldn't hold a candle to any of the small motors I've run.

What engines would have come in older Ford Tandem axle dump Trucks? Boss had been looking for a dump truck to buy, and just missed a little older (90's I'm guessing) Ford tandem axle a farmer owned for sale the other day rather cheap in really good shape. Never drove a Ford Dump other than a F650 or 750 single axles.

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur

Could be a cat and or Cummins as for as I know.

What engines would have come in older Ford Tandem axle dump Trucks? Boss had been looking for a dump truck to buy, and just missed a little older (90's I'm guessing) Ford tandem axle a farmer owned for sale the other day rather cheap in really good shape. Never drove a Ford Dump other than a F650 or 750 single axles.

Sent from the command position of my dinosaur
8000-9000?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've ran small motors before, 12.7's and c-10's... they ran damn good, this thing wouldn't hold a candle to any of the small motors I've run.

There's probly something off with it. Most of the ones I mess with are 470hp. But in dump trucks with 4:33 gears. One tractor that had 3:36s though. Ran better than any of the 410 c12s I was around. Although a i cant imagine runnin the big weight without a 15l+

The small motors I've run were all on non factory tunes though... therefore I'm not comparing apples to apples 100%.

Well, we changed the multi torque setting and bumped up the rpm limit where it should be. Headed out here shortly to see if it's any better.
We have two other options and we aren't sure if either is gonna be any better or worse.

I'm set at 430-1550/1750 right now.
For factory matching cat tunes that cat will do, we have the option to go to a 430-1650 straight torque file, or we have a 470-1650 file that this truck matches to, being as it had the right turbos and injectors installed when it was overhauled.

There are c-13 files that go all the way to 525-1650, but they are RV and Firetruck files. This truck has all the gauges except a phuckin pyro so I have no idea what this tune does let alone stressing one that much. These engines just weren't mean to be toting 80k around like this in my opinion.

End of today's pointless update.

Back