Truckers, lets see your rigs!

My dream truck would be a 359 with an accert based engine. 18 speed, 3:08 rears, lp 24's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're not even giving up much comfort with a 359, especially if you air ride the cab. Problem is, banks aren't very interested in giving out money for 30 year old trucks, no matter how updated they are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're not even giving up much comfort with a 359, especially if you air ride the cab. Problem is, banks aren't very interested in giving out money for 30 year old trucks, no matter how updated they are.

No. They don't know jack chit.

Suffer it out driving someone else's junk while you build yours... (looking at you, Rick.)

I'm not building one yet. I'll have to buy one that's ready to work when I pull the trigger.

Pretty much anything with a hood, a big block, and the right rears. Trannys (not the truck stop kind) are easy enough to swap out if the rest of the unit is right

I'm not sure. I've got a couple ideas right now.
I've always wanted to build a flat short hood 379. However those trucks aren't cheap enough to justify buying a short hood honestly.
If I could have the world, I'd have a 379, 48" flattop, cat, flex air or low air leaf with 3:36 rears.
Or a 900L, aero 1 bunk, cat, 13, etc.

However I like some things that are against the grain as well. Small bunk fld's look cool to me, 386's, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how much I should sacrifice on what I want to get started.

Buddy of mine bought a 98fld longhood a year and a half ago, 1LW 550 with a fresh overhaul with papers, 18 speed and 355 rears. Only issue it was a hightop sleeper. He paid 12k. For it i believe. Shakers deffinetly are cheeper. If it was a flattop it would be a sharp truck.

Attachments

• 2001-freightliner-fld120-classic-trucks-in-trent-sd.jpg
    2001-freightliner-fld120-classic-trucks-in-trent-sd.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This one is high for what it is, but for some reason I actually love the look it has.
8abdda15ffd65f023cd3f66270589ea1.png

I just couldn't ever get behind the classics, although that truck does look very good!

Got my eye on this one but... timing is just off at the moment.
113df8ba0a21618fab4b52cb6e6b8fb4.jpg

shaker done right

I'm partial to the Freightliners. For a more modern truck my choice would be an XL Classic with a flat top 40" bunk. I don't care which variant of a yellow motor you put in it. 13 speed, 44,000 lb airliner, Rockwell 3.90s.

My ultimate dream ride would be an FLC day cab or 40" bunk, aluminum hood, round headlights, 3406E/ C-15 but would settle for a mechanical 3406, 13 speed, 44,000 lb airliner, with 3.90s on 11r24.5. Gloss black with gunmetal gray stripes and red pin striping. Almost my truck now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the aluminum hood shakers, pretty hard to find one that hasn't been beat to death.

Well Rick, if you're pulling a flatbed, you could probably grab that one on your way back from PA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It won't fit in hopper lol

I really like the aluminum hood shakers, pretty hard to find one that hasn't been beat to death.

I do as well. I know where there is one but it needs quite a bit of attention. Hood and cab look to be in good shape, though.

I'd love to put one on mine, but it's not the correct hood for my truck so I'm torn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is high for what it is, but for some reason I actually love the look it has.
8abdda15ffd65f023cd3f66270589ea1.png

Reminds me of my humble beginnings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Back