Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Hey I'd be proud to wheel that fld. I think it's cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll miss the bootleggin, papers logs and ungoverned trucks with this outfit but I had to do it for the benefits. I'll be in a plain Jane T800 from here on out. Got a job driving for Cat. This is my last few loads.

IMG_4718_zpshrkzxwha.png

IMG_4896_zpsp7ocrxuv.jpg

IMG_4846_zpscvryp4gr.jpg

IMG_4843_zpsskehx1bt.jpg

IMG_4682_zpsnhgyvm5d.jpg

IMG_4439_zpshxeaibtk.jpg

Does anyone know what exactly the law is on the Electronic Logs?

I've read it is based on build date of the engine, an motor manufactured after 2000. But I've also heard that it is based on registration date, because its the only way to verify the age of the truck.

For gliders, it's based on engine. The rest are normal.

Engine block date and chassis built date..

You can be exempt by either 1999 older chassis with 99 and older Engine

2000 newer chassis with 99 older Engine =exempt
1999 older chassis with 2000 new engine= not exempt

6nz stock just went down.

98-99 70 pin cat stuff has gone way up in the last 6 months lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And it's reported ... The majority of the states aren't ready to enforce said ELD laws come December 17..
Generic Page Error

As the calendar prepared to flip to September, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance announced a “phased in” enforcement period on the electronic logging device.

The announcement was made to FMCSA Deputy Administrator Daphne Jefferson in a letter from Collin Mooney, executive director of CVSA on Aug. 25.

Mooney explained that the coalition of state law enforcement agencies had decided not to place noncompliant drivers out of service until April 1, 2018. He said the delay in putting noncompliant drivers out of service will allow truckers, motor carriers, shippers and receivers to get use to the new regulation.

Mooney emphatically denied that state law enforcement were not prepared to begin enforcing the mandate and that CVSA opposes any attempts to delay the mandate.

In spite of Mooney’s insistence, OOIDA Executive Todd Spencer says it clear that states simply are not ready for the deadline.

Earlier this week, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance notified the FMCSA that its members will delay full enforcement of the ELD rule until April 1, 2018. This is despite the fact that the rule goes into full effect in December 2017.

“This is just another example of the monumental reasons this mandate is not ready for prime time,” Spencer said. “Too many states are not ready to roll out the mandate and can’t possibly be ready by the Dec. 18 deadline.”

The timing of CVSA’s announcement seemed to almost underscore allegations of lack of preparedness OOIDA made in a recent petition to FMCSA.

In short, the petition claims many states lack the authority to enforce the ELD mandate because they have not properly adopted federal regulations into state code.

The FMCSA administers the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program grant program. Participating states in that program receive $168 million in grants to fund enforcement of the federal motor carrier regulations. Participating states are required as part of the program to incorporate the federal regulations or their equivalent into state law.

States have three years to incorporate new regulations into their respective state codes. However, according to OOIDA, enforcement is prohibited until the new federal law is an official part of the state laws on the books.

In addition to a freeze in funding to the noncompliant MCSAP partner states, OOIDA’s petition calls for a “freeze in the status quo,” particularly with respect to the ELD mandate, until it restores order to its administration of this MCSAP program.

Last edited:
Yea they aren't gonna be able to make this stick.

Or fmcsa changes their mind..... Again...
Kinda glad I went mechanical 6cta 8.3 vs getting an ISL9

Engine block date and chassis built date..

You can be exempt by either 1999 older chassis with 99 and older Engine

2000 newer chassis with 99 older Engine =exempt
1999 older chassis with 2000 new engine= not exempt

I hope this is the case. We're looking at a W900L with a engine build date of December 1999 but the truck is titled and registered as a 2000 year model.

Anybody hear anything? I'm hearing rumors that it got tossed on the new bill.
I can't seem to find anything in writing though.

Don't talk about FLDs not to long ago, heres my dads 94. We've almost rebuilt it front to back in the last 3-5 years. 3406B/C Cat, 13 speed, 40,000 lb rears with 4.11s.

b59d846ad59067ba218762096ea1bf8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back