Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I h8 how vids never show the true steepness. I know spots on rt73 going intto Lake Placid were steep enough i couldnt come out of the low side.parts of the catskills I had to have all 8 drives locked in when loaded on pavement, but I doubt you could ever notice it in a video.
I used to run this stretch regularly with 35-40 ton in the bucket. Usually could get into the highside. This vid doesnt due justice of how steep it is though
Windham High Peak on Route 23 in the Catskills - YouTube

Last edited:
Crowsnest Hwy
Crowsnest Hwy, Okanagan-Similkameen A, BC, Canada

Google Maps

Here's that tight spot I was talking about. Do street view. Sign says 20 kmh which is 12 mph but I dont recommend doing that.

Last edited:
Is there another motor out there?

Cummins made it 6k miles. Check out the pitting on the right one
918356b8773404f8ca11efc177e85e2a.heic

Really wondering if new heads have new valves or this is where the cores go.

Just got my kitty cat put back together, after seeing all the scoring on my cam, cam rollers and rocker shafts I'm thinking the bearing material from my last turbo is what did those parts in. But #2 piston and liner were very scored and the head had a crack on #3 that was so bad we could hear it leaking compression when rolling it over by hand. Almost 1.7 mil on the motor and the deck had never been cut and where the liners were sinking into it were all uneven. Should have been done when the previous owner inframe it at a mil three.

Got it all back together last night and it's never ran so smooth in the year I've had it. Can't wait to hit the road with it this weekend and see how it does.

Attachments

• KIMG0091.jpg
    KIMG0091.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 0
  • KIMG0096.jpg
    KIMG0096.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 0
  • KIMG0108.JPG
    KIMG0108.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
What are you guys using for manifold studs/bolts for a 3406E? Have a broken one on the glider and figure we'll have to break off a few more to get it apart. Might as well change them all out.

Buy from CAT or something else?
Chris

Worked for me. What the hell are exhaust sleeves and should I get them?

Chris

Yes, they create an air space to help keep exhaust heat out of the head/coolant. The cat ones are welded, the Magnum and IPD are one piece. Have seen a few cat ones break at the weld and go through turbo(s). Haven’t seen one broken in a long time thought.

For future reference no matter what electric car engine your working on (3406e/C15/C16Acert etc) if you order the head gasket set for an NXS serial you get WAY more stuff and they’re cheaper. Like MXS kit costs more and doesn’t come with exhaust sleeves where NXS does for less money. Makes no sense.

Gotcha. So, not knowing what Larson did, I should order the kit with exhaust sleeves.

Thank you!
Chris

Why couldnt someone have a copper gasket cut for these things. We run em on nitrous and FI race engines and theyre quite solid

Back