Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yeah, A model has been gone since around April.

The other part is for the throwout bearing to ride on.

Never seen a crower style on a Volvo, can’t wait until you get it done. You still waiting on the custom euro ecm that matches your 62mm turbo?

Yeah, A model has been gone since around April.

The other part is for the throwout bearing to ride on.

That’s kinda what I was thinking. So does it bolt to the flywheel?

What are you guys using for a transmission brake? A friend of mine was telling me about an air solenoid that goes though the PTO cover to stop the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s kinda what I was thinking. So does it bolt to the flywheel?

What are you guys using for a transmission brake? A friend of mine was telling me about an air solenoid that goes though the PTO cover to stop the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that is the bearing cover for the front of the transmission, it fits over the input.

I’ve got a question for someone who has done this, (Mr. Faulkner preferably). What is a good parts recipe, and approximate parts cost, to take a sound 3406B ATA from stock power to 750-800 WORKING hp?

I’ve got a question for someone who has done this, (Mr. Faulkner preferably). What is a good parts recipe, and approximate parts cost, to take a sound 3406B ATA from stock power to 750-800 WORKING hp?

You know he doesn't build anything without wires?

Ha, I’ve definitely gotten that impression! I want info from someone that has been down that road, not the keyboard warriors, and he seems pretty familiar with a Cat. You, Mr SmokinCAT, seem very familiar with the mechanical Cummins, but I’ll take advice from anyone that is familiar with these mechanical Cat’s, so if you’ve got some I’m listening.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the mechanicals but I'm pretty sure I've heard the crank journals are the same as a newer c15 and the liners are interchangeable. Provided that's the case you could put acert crank and rods and either industrial cylinder packs or the ipd low compression packs. That'd make for a strong rotating assembly. I wanna say I've read somewhere about ways to stiffen up the block to keep it together. Then you'd just need air and fuel.

Like I said though I don't know much about mechanical cat's so I'll let someone take it from here.

Theres a block girdle that goes between the pan and block to help stiffen it up, it would definitely be useful at that power level. My experience with B's has not been great so I'd suggest just going to an electronic and being done with it, but that's me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2d071235e072eb7ae3f65c342c9c33c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I need to check, but I think the Oshkosh HEMMET we had from Ft Campbell is a 4500 behind a 700hp KRA engine

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back