Truckers, lets see your rigs!

So after driving it and watching it a little bit more I'm thinking the ecm is the issue. No matter what it won't fuel number 5 when going slow (mph not rpm) and if I cycle #5 on manually while driving it might run fine for 10 feet or 60 miles but then starts acting goofy. Also the altitude adjustment flickers on off on et a lot. Pressure sensor output stays steady though. It does change but doesn't bounce around. Pretty much the exact same thing happened in june. Had be running fine/normal and then all of a sudden I was struggling to keep it cool and it was slow to cool down.

Am I right in think the ecm had issues and it's randomly over fueling?
It seems pretty weird that itd only do it one cylinder if it was the ecm. 40 or 70 pin?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's a 70 pin 6nz. In June it cooked the #2 piston and this time #5. And before anyone asks when I had the valve cover off on the side of the road yesterday the injectors are in the same cylinders as they were prior to the overhaul. First thing I thought was maybe they got put in backwards

Never seen an ecm over Fuel one Cyl. When they die they usually have fan issues or injector driver codes. Get 6 new injectors.

It's a 70 pin 6nz. In June it cooked the #2 piston and this time #5. And before anyone asks when I had the valve cover off on the side of the road yesterday the injectors are in the same cylinders as they were prior to the overhaul. First thing I thought was maybe they got put in backwards

Odd. I thought 6nz was like a volvo engine. Never gives problems and makes tons of power. At least according to the internet

I love this!! Where’s Leffi?

Nah the funny thing was when I was crawling up parleys summit leaving salt lake City on I80 there was two volvos on the shoulder with hoods open and a third one just creeped by me at the top pissing coolant all over the ground. I came to the top at 18mph, 15 pounds of boost on 5 cylinders with the water temp at 180° and that guy was maybe going 25 mph and over heating because he flat footed it up. I was just hanging out trying to keep what's left of my engine together.

He will just say it’s a US spec Volvo not an amazing euro Volvo. The US being such a small market for trucks compared to Europe they don’t bother bringing the good stuff. Lmao

Well, he's correct. U cant keep a crank in that 18 like across the pond. Remember at Richards, couple yrars ago, that d12 (or maybe d16) with 1 million on the clock, put like 1250 to the tires, youll figure it out eventually:hehe:

Last edited:
Well, he's correct. U cant keep a crank in that 18 like across the pond. Remember at Richards, couple yrars ago, that d12 (or maybe d16) with 1 million on the clock, put like 1250 to the tires, youll figure it out eventually:hehe:

Very true, just like the Canadian drag races that are dominated by Scania, Volvo and MAN. It’s weird how they seem to put Paccar bodies on them and paint the engines yellow to hide what they really are though.

I know my crank falls out at least once every couple months. What sucks is when it gets tangled up with the steer axle.

Very true, just like the Canadian drag races that are dominated by Scania, Volvo and MAN. It’s weird how they seem to put Paccar bodies on them and paint the engines yellow to hide what they really are though.

I know my crank falls out at least once every couple months. What sucks is when it gets tangled up with the steer axle.

I know you’d had some motor issues awhile ago, but how about recently? Got it dialed in and running strong, or still tweaking it?

I know you’d had some motor issues awhile ago, but how about recently? Got it dialed in and running strong, or still tweaking it?

Yea tried ductile iron liners for a puller with sealing rings and as warned it didn’t work in a road truck. Then figured out why everyone did away with wrist pin bushings in the monotherm pistons. So after a $10,000 education she’s good now lmao. Always playing by adding/cutting fuel, Changing turbo wheel sizes etc.

Idiots here?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Locally, they come buy a turbo after theirs explodes and want the new one warrantied in 150 miles.

Blows their minds when you ask about the air filters full of chips from when the boost rushed back through the CAC when the wheel exploded. Mostly shops that do this, happened twice this year so far.

Yeah, took factory help for them to get to that power, Volvo had a hand in that project and yet it still fell off the face of the earth.

Back