Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I think the 40 is switch positive and the 70 is switched negative. I can check tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got the cooler off, some better pics of the breakage.

51A3C5A3-7A2A-4465-A6F6-A61A8C1EF683_zpskj4ulrgw.jpg

BC1120D4-A2CD-4886-B546-61C13D46D77C_zpsehv7k0tz.jpg

0E417E97-9F90-4168-B3D0-0B310938343F_zpshygfl0ee.jpg

This is interesting. I bet a crack started at the inlet flange of the last picture you posted, or there were other hairline cracks in the cooler. Being cast aluminum, and the combination of manifold pressure and super heated charge air, the flaws in the housings just wouldn't stay together.

Whats next? Air to water charge air cooler and a log intake plenum?

Loaded yesterday
38748200_10215568249172895_7970868288106266624_o.jpg

Delivered in NRL naval research lab, this morning
This guy kept up with me high tailing it out of DC including most of the hills on 70 manage 10.17 MPG from Dayton Ohio to DC to Hancock MD
38631882_10215568155170545_1981108228544528384_o.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 40 pin truck that has a 6nz in it. Everything works as it should except, the ECM will not turn the fan on. I did not put the engine in and not sure on what harness was used. Is there anything to check first. O it is in a Peterbilt.

If I'm not mistaken you can turn that function on and off with et. Awhile back I flashed mine and the ecm wouldn't cycle the fan im pretty sure the fix for me was just changing a setting from off to on but it's been awhile so I could be wrong.

Also the 70 pin has two coolant temp sensors, one for the ecm and one for the dash gauge. Might want to check what temp the ecm is showing. I battled that for awhile except temp was right on in the ecm but my dash gauge was really erratic. Turned out to be a bad connection. If it would have been on the opposite sending unit though it would have cause the ecm to never cycle the fan since my gauge rarely came above 150°

Gee a truck with an Allison was faster than a manual trans truck? Shocking.

Oh and no one but you believes any of that bull chit you puked at the bottom. All you have shown is some mediocre dyno run. If it was as amazing as you claim you wouldn’t have sold it.

Why a twin screw? You always bragged how much better a single was.
I sold it because I didnt need it and I need Scania for Quebec. Twin screw because rules say 3 axles and all must be on ground.

Ask them. Might be because Volvo doesnt support motorsport because they want to be "green". Only exception that hybrid truck that Boije Ovebrink makes those top speed runs with.

Shows how much they actually did with the truck and their inability to tune the truck without Volvo’s help.

Are you so ignorant to not see that if cat or detroit did the same that the Volvo wouldn’t be getting talked about at all.

Shows how much they actually did with the truck and their inability to tune the truck without Volvo’s help.

Are you so ignorant to not see that if cat or detroit did the same that the Volvo wouldn’t be getting talked about at all.

Sort of like when they changed the rules for the tractors and eliminated the corporate money. Silver Bullet comes to mind.

I sold it because I didnt need it and I need Scania for Quebec. Twin screw because rules say 3 axles and all must be on ground.

So when a yellow motor waxes your arse you going to come back on here and admit it, or you going to think of an excuse as to why?

They used only used factory parts from tedt trucks and hard to be without Volvos help if they worked at Volvo factory.

Back