Turbochargers for Mods???

You can buy the turbos to support 2000HP any time, it's just money.

What you can't get, are common rail fuel systems that will fuel 2000HP.

There's a reason people put stupid money in mechanical pumps...they're the only game in town, some 9 years after the first CR system was put in a pickup engine.

an 82 with an 4.25 comp and a g trim turbine as your primary and an 80 with a 3.4 comp and e trim turbine as your secondary should provide the air. now if you can turn it is another story.

cubic inch wise I know that the mods still running the cast blocks are for the most part at stock cubic inches. in fact several are running 6.7l blocks with sleeves to bring them back to a 4.02 bore size.

Thanks for the help! I will keep my eye out!!!

There's a reason people put stupid money in mechanical pumps...they're the only game in town, some 9 years after the first CR system was put in a pickup engine.

Ok, but i'm still trying to understand..... Why wouldn't 2 wicked diesel 1200hp each pumps support 2000hp? I'm guessing I will not be able to get enough volume of fuel through the injectors in a short enough period of time??? Could there be such a thing as a "dual" or "triple" feed injector built for a CR truck??? I have never tore down a CR injector to pieces...

Aren't the new 2011 dmax injectors Piezo's? They're suppose to be "faster" than the older CR injectors right?

Even if the fuel system is capable of delivering. Who says the block is up to the task? How about the crank?

This is the expensive road the OP will be paving all by himself.

Aren't the new 2011 dmax injectors Piezo's? They're suppose to be "faster" than the older CR injectors right?
Yes they do fire faster but not the answer in 2000hp application

Big Money but it can be done

Thanks for the help! I will keep my eye out!!!

Ok, but i'm still trying to understand..... Why wouldn't 2 wicked diesel 1200hp each pumps support 2000hp? I'm guessing I will not be able to get enough volume of fuel through the injectors in a short enough period of time??? Could there be such a thing as a "dual" or "triple" feed injector built for a CR truck??? I have never tore down a CR injector to pieces...

Your getting there. Plan on around 7k for just your injectors.
For your turbo question keep in mind all the cummins in the mod level are 460cc Also keep in mind an In-Line 6 drives a charger completely different.

Your fuel probelm will most likely not be the pump but the injs themselves. Figure out a way to install two injs in each cylinder then you may have a chance at enough fuel.

Even at the pressures of a CR system, the injectors can't be made to deliver enough fuel to support 1800-2000hp? I understand they can't supply an equal volume as mechanical setups but they shouldn't have to with the improved atomization due to the pressure, right? Or are you all saying even with accounting for the decrease in actual volume needed, the volume required is STILL too much even for a trick modified CR injector body?

All this talk of modifying the injector body, and adding seventy billion feed passages, take a guess at the needle diameter difference between a Pro Stock nozzle and a CR nozzle.

Yes they do fire faster but not the answer in 2000hp application

Big Money but it can be done

Your getting there. Plan on around 7k for just your injectors.

OK, I agree with you...what I meant was, something proven and shown to work and available today. You could go get some locomotive CR injectors or similar and stuff 'em in there, but the whole thing would be an R&D project. That'd be cool as all get out but the OP would have to be committed to being a pioneer of sorts.

And have deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets.

I think CR will do 2000 HP eventually...it is just going to be a process of thowing out current setups and starting with a clean slate with an injector that will deliver the fuel needed in the time window needed.

Doing all that would make a sigma pump look like a bargain. All that stuff is already available and proven. So whoever is really gonna do a 2000 HP CR setup is going to have to want it just because they want to be the first.

Even at the pressures of a CR system, the injectors can't be made to deliver enough fuel to support 1800-2000hp? I understand they can't supply an equal volume as mechanical setups but they shouldn't have to with the improved atomization due to the pressure, right? Or are you all saying even with accounting for the decrease in actual volume needed, the volume required is STILL too much even for a trick modified CR injector body?

Yeah.

~1200 crank HP CR has been done and I think those approaches can envision maybe 1500 as being a reasonable possibility. But that last 500 HP is gonna be a bish, IMO. I think you'll hit a wall there and have to step up a whole 'nuther level with components to make it happen. But only time will tell.

C'mon, it's gonna take a billet block to even try it out. Who would risk sending a piston/rod fragment into a set of one off injectors? The Cummins folks have shown that even with their stronger block, castings don't cut it at like 10X the design HP. (boy what a bunch of jerks those engineers were hehe)

And besides, I keep coming back to, why? What's the attraction other than to say "look, we did it." A 2000 HP billet block open driveline truck ain't ever going to see the street, so the "jack of all trades" benefit of CR kinda falls off, doesn't it? Does anyone think they're going to Home Depot with a 2000 HP CR truck?

I dunno.

Back