Turbo's and air density.

I sent info to two places that make air/water coolers showing allowable space for mounting. Hopefully one will be able to make something for it. The tank is pretty simple, but I want to research the pump a bit to be sure and get a good one. My luck with electric pumps isn't so good.:hehe:

just for giggles ask the vendor what "approach" temp they design to.

Ron will have lots of approach pushing 40lbs if I remember right. Now if we can just talk Ron into driving two days in each direction to put in on my dyno and instrumentation for a before and after... Lol

Last edited:
I have seen several setups that use bosch pumps from mercedes liquid/air setups, and also ford gt40 or lightning pumps. they have to last if someone puts em into a production vehicle with a warranty, right?

Davies-craig makes a really trick electric water pump designed for auto cooling systems. Also Mezier makes some nice remote mount pumps in 20gpm and 50gpm ratings. I am currently using a stewart warner 55gpm on my truck, seems to work good.

just for giggles ask the vendor what "approach" temp they design to.

You may be surprised, I know when I was looking into garrett core's for a snowmobile I was building the vendor I spoke with had some specific's regarding sizes I could physically fit vs the approach it would offer.

I'm building a tank, pump, radiator combo that looks like a bale of hay to match the general appearance of my truck.(moldy hay of course).

I'm building a tank, pump, radiator combo that looks like a bale of hay to match the general appearance of my truck.(moldy hay of course).

Have it designed to look like a dead critter that decided to find a warm spot under the hood.

This is so completely wrong.

Try taking all the fluid out of your brake lines and just leaving the air.

Exactly, how friggin hard would you have to work to brake at the same rate?

My terminology might have been misleading but raising fluid to XX psi versus gas takes less work.

I'd definitely check IAT with your current intercooler before doing this whole setup. 50* drop in IAT and slightly better secondary efficiency isn't gonna gain much hp.

I have 2 choices. First is to install a secondary turbo that flows about 20% more at the same PR I run now. Or drop the temperature of the air entering the secondary making it 1.6 times as dense and raising the density of the air entering the engine by 7-10%.

Anyone have experience with Precision Turbos air/water intercoolers? Really clean looking and priced in the middle.

Never the water/air units. I know several running the air/air units in some ten and 9 second dsm's, they love em, are reliable and aren't leaky.

Anyone have experience with Precision Turbos air/water intercoolers? Really clean looking and priced in the middle.

I helped fab up some pipes and a mounting bracket for a friend running a PT-3000, he has been running it for a couple years now with good success. He runs a 5 gal ice tank (from chiseled performance) and a rule pump with 1.25" lines. It is in a 275 radial car (drag only). I would say it is a good quality piece.

Gas yes....diesel, its a no no. For the level of power you are running , the only one I would bother bolting in is from Pressurized. Double walled....yadda...yadda.

Here is a pic of one.....

Attachments

• 528745_490248811003147_1436655887_n.jpg
    528745_490248811003147_1436655887_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
he is only running it between stages, so it has around 45ish psi in it? way easier to stomach than 90+ of the compounded boost. he just needs cfm now.

Back