turning the barrels?

Gov or gov springs, take one click out each side.......sounds like my truck as it likes to hang a bit at times without a load, I have the springs on the edge of being too tight.

Jim

Awesome. I'll give it a try, or might just throw a 4k in it, and adjust those. Depends on my next paycheck :)

The top end still lays over right at 2,900rpm, and creeps to 3,100rpm (Tuning the TV showed me that, hehe). Will loosening up the GS's pull R's off the topend?

Merrick

One day of testing may be a bit to hasty to recommend it as a good mod for everyone! Just sayin....

One day of testing may be a bit to hasty to recommend it as a good mod for everyone! Just sayin....

True. I'll keep yall updated.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys. I'll try to dial in the GS's tomorrow.

Merrick

Don't remember his first login name, last one was Cummins Corvette......turns out he was right in a way, it was the next year that the Rack Cap was born....like 03'.

Jim

What you mean the "rack cap was born" in '03? I know guys that fooled with rack caps since I can't remember when...and I know it was way before '03!

That's cool they did that but I posted about it and gave the results, I've always done that and was one of the first to open his hood (with Twins) and walk away....no big news.

Jim

ok guys i turned my barrels, egts higher, gained 10 pounds boost, idles like crap but runs alot better.

Congrats now you have a pump that is hotter and not injecting fuel evenly across the board. Your 10psi increse is the result of fuel that is not being combusted in propper time. You have not gained anything.

Congrats now you have a pump that is hotter and not injecting fuel evenly across the board. Your 10psi increse is the result of fuel that is not being combusted in propper time. You have not gained anything.

Sir, you misunderstood the man, he gained EGTs, :bow: EGT's equal power! :bow:

And by his sig, his small problem is now a big problem! LOLLOLLOLLOL

Might not be injecting perfectly even across the board and Idle as smooth but Im 100% sure power was gained.

Sir, you misunderstood the man, he gained EGTs, :bow: EGT's equal power! :bow:

And by his sig, his small problem is now a big problem! LOLLOLLOLLOL

Egts dont always mean power. Proper presentation of the fuel after the air is the key. Food for thought.

Might not be injecting perfectly even across the board and Idle as smooth but Im 100% sure power was gained.

Says the Man who knows more than the pump shops......:bang

Proper presentation of the fuel after the air is the key.

Oh here we go with the AFC tuning crapola again???....
There is only so many ways to "present" the fuel on our trucks.There is a guy I know who has spent an entire day AFC tuning on a dyno-jet to try your "proper presentation" of fuel and what did he learn through all that extra work??????...... Many hours of dyno tuning that had him gain not enough to be bragging about or boasting about "proper presentation".So you do not go thinking it was me either,it was not,but that man is here in this thread.

:clap::clap::clap:

I new you were joking. I just wanted to fish for suckers. Look i caught one!!

If someone does this please post your results because i would like to know how it works out. Schied thinks im crazy for even thinkin about it but i want to know how it works out.
i do it all the time but on a test stand it's the only way to do it!!$.02

Says the Man who knows more than the pump shops......:bang

Well obviously your great pump shops dont know chit, or you still wouldn't be chasing the 600 dream, You can read all you want but you learn by experience and hands on trial and error, so keep doing what your doing and never reach your goal.

Im still curious of whos cam I installed Incorrectly?

Well obviously your great pump shops dont know chit, or you still wouldn't be chasing the 600 dream, You can read all you want but you learn by experience and hands on trial and error, so keep doing what your doing and never reach your goal.

Dont worry the pump shop is good people.

Back