turning the barrels?

Good to hear Bryce, I'll send another afc spring set-up your way to try out when I some time to play with them on the stand.

Sounds good. It was weird to hear it idle at the normal RPM at first. I thought "something is different." Checked out the tach and it was at 800 instead of 1k. :hehe: More than happy with the pump though Seth.

So what would it cost to have you bench a 215 pump seth? pm if necessary. And can the plungers with the retarder notches on a 215 be swapped out for something else so that you wouldn't have to worry about it.

check your pm's...as soon as we get signed up as site sponsors i'll be able to quote this stuff to you guys directly.

:thankyou2::clap::clap:

I am amazed at how many feel that they know more than the pump shops.
Wonder if they have ever seen a truck who had a home tuned pump that had a lean cylinder and it melted down?.

And this is why some people shouldn't mess with their own diesels in their own driveway....

Merrick

Still trying to figure out how your truck was the only one from Saturday whose numbers were better than what was previously run.Everyone else was alot lower than what they had run prior and they were complaining.Even Eric's CR was way off what it had done previously on your old jet.

I have years of Ninja Dyno skills to fool the Dynojet software.

I would like to experiment turning the barrels on my 12v.

Anybody care to explain a few more details on how? I have a spare 600cc pump ready to go on.. Just interested in tinkerin'

Merrick

What was your setup when you ran the time in your signature? What was your 60ft and MPH?

19 degrees of timing, 0-plate forward, 5x.014s, 62mm/65mm turbo, .030 DVs, intake and exhaust mods, and some AFC stuff.

12-15psi launch with lockup in 2nd and shifting into O/D at 60-65mph.

60ft was 1.97.
MPH was 93mph.

Did you have a GSK? What tranny/parts you running?

Just curious. Id like to go to the strip before the year is over and try to run a low 14 with my setup. Pretty sure i should be around 350-360hp.

Eric

Yes, 4k GSK. Trans parts uh, well you'd have to ask the old owner. He said he put a converter and valve body in and the guy that built it said "it would handle any turbo and injector combo." So far it has. This was also in Salt Lake City altitude so clear the hell up there. I want to make a trip down to Vegas since the track in Salt Lake is now closed.

Friday night racing here in Vegas this friday Oct 2.

Saturday Oct 3rd is street wars.

Hotels are cheap this time of year, especially since vacancy is high.

Weather finally cooled down today and should be good racing weather... mid 70's low humidity.

Will. Was just wondering how to turn them....

I see the two hold down bolts, and I know how to R&R the DV's.

Do I loosen the hold down bolts? Remove them and lift up the DV holder?

Merrick

:thankyou2::clap::clap:

Wonder if they have ever seen a truck who had a home tuned pump that had a lean cylinder and it melted down?.
Um, I was always told that a gasser will do that and a diesel needed fuel to create enough heat to melt one down. Leaning out a cylinder on a diesel won't make it overheat.

Will. Was just wondering how to turn them....

I see the two hold down bolts, and I know how to R&R the DV's.

Do I loosen the hold down bolts? Remove them and lift up the DV holder?

Merrick

You can make a scribe mark on the top of the pump case where the barrel hold-down bolts go as a reference. Loosen the injector lines then loosen the two hold-down bolts and turn clockwise. Then run the truck for a while and wonder why it doesn't idle quite as smooth as it used to and then take it to a pump shop to be balanced correctly :bang

Sorry for being sarcastic. I did this to my pump years ago and it ran okay. I had the luck to watch the pump guy adjust mine on the stand and I wasn't really as close as I thought. They can truly balance all plungers. The pump shop also was able to heat up the pump and run it at engine speeds to make sure it didn't seize up on me later. Money well spent, but you can do it at home it just won't be as close and one or more cylinders will always be off a bit. That equates to alot of unequal force on rods and crankshaft. That to me was the convincer. You also cannot tune it by exhaust temps - just not accurate either.

Sorry for being sarcastic. I did this to my pump years ago and it ran okay. I had the luck to watch the pump guy adjust mine on the stand and I wasn't really as close as I thought. They can truly balance all plungers. The pump shop also was able to heat up the pump and run it at engine speeds to make sure it didn't seize up on me later. Money well spent, but you can do it at home it just won't be as close and one or more cylinders will always be off a bit. That equates to alot of unequal force on rods and crankshaft. That to me was the convincer. You also cannot tune it by exhaust temps - just not accurate either.

I think everyone needs to re-read this post......smart in my book!

Jim

Back