VE Tech

I would have thought filling through the timing port wouldn't affect case pressure as you are supplying the plunger directly. Really it would be pushing fuel in behind rather than the plunger having to draw it in. Would probably help camplate float too.

I've heard of filing through the timing port. What makes me wonder, during injection, fuel is going to try and push back out. I suppose a check valve could be used, but how many cc's would you lose pushing the check valve shut.

Finding a head with all 6 feed passages in it would help high rpm fueling considerably while keeping things simple.

If the check valve is on quite a stiff spring anyway that can surely help? But Yeah I guess filling through the stop solenoid might be a better alternative

I know of a 14mm with a custom 6-vein vein pump. I don't know who did the work or how it was done though.

Surely more vanes reduces the volume inside the vane pump. I was considering milling down 2 vane pump assemblies a quarter locking them together and milling out the pump to accept it. More volume per revolution

I was talking to someone familiar with these pumps years ago. More veins would help maintain pressure but not help flow. Their suggestion was turning down the disk and cutting deeper veins.

Would you not have to offset the disc more to get more travel to make use of the extra travel the vanes would be then capable of?

When I get around to it, I think I'm just going to go to a front cover driven pump.

And do these heads exist? With 6 feed passages as standard or is this totally custom?

I've never talked to anyone that has seen one. I used to machine roosa master rotors to add more feed holes, same idea applies here. The faster the rotor is turning, the shorter the time window is for the feed passages to refill the chamber. The VE's I've seen only have 2 holes in the head, but all 6 slots in the rotor. Based on past experience with roosa's, 4 more feed holes in the rotor would help high rpm fueling considerably, due to more fuel able to be fed into the plunger chamber.

This topic is kinda' hilarious. LOL
You want to take a pump specifically designed for low RPM fueling, to create TORQUE down low and spin it crazy RPMs to make HORSEPOWER.

You're trying to modify the parameters of it's original design to make it do something it is not capable of, by it's very design.

The only reason it does what it does on a small 4 cylinder is sheer math, the requirements for fuel are much, much lower on, for example ONLY, say, a 1.9 liter engine spinning 3500 RPMs than a 5.9 engine spinning 3,000 RPMs.

Think about it, right now you're talking dual level vane pumps with multiple vanes and you haven't even fixed the problem that the regulator actually causes.

Maybe the 3/4 inch bottle neck should be taken out of the bottle, before you throw 2 inches of flow to it and explode cases?

Mark.

Could run without the internal regulator drill the passageway larger and use the fuel return line as the regulator with a boost referenced regulator. Just enlarge the outlet there and use the external regulator there.

I'd just throw 40psi of inlet at it, Loctite the front seal, try to limit rpm to about 3,500, and let 'er run.

What Jason said. If your case is dropping that bad feed more threw the FSS hole. A hand full of guys have used a belt driven pump to feed it once the case drops too low. Jack the case up a bit and let the mighty VE do it's thing, take advantage of the low end grunt and timing advance. Figure out how to get the air coming in with small quick spooling chargers.

What Jason said. If your case is dropping that bad feed more threw the FSS hole. A hand full of guys have used a belt driven pump to feed it once the case drops too low. Jack the case up a bit and let the mighty VE do it's thing, take advantage of the low end grunt and timing advance. Figure out how to get the air coming in with small quick spooling chargers.
THIS^^

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For me I need 6500rpm so I need all the fueling and cooling I can get!

Why??

I wish you the absolute best of luck, but I think you need to reevaluate what you're building. 7K is a whole lot of rpm for a diesel and a whole heck of a lot of rpm for a rotary pump.

7k no load is entirely possible. Quite a short stroke compared to the big ole cummins et al. The om606 guys regularly achieve this no problem but with m or mw pump and so long as you can get the plunger filled quick I see no problem with at least 6500rpm ������

Back