VE Tech

Feeding through the timing port works...as it has been done, with success. Truck made 600+ on fuel.
Correct ,and the setup is being revived on a compound turbo setup this winter, then some:nos::nos:

The 14 mm head has wider ports but they are open for the same amount of pump degrees as the 12mm therefore same fill time. Also the non ic deeper transfer ports give a little more fuel on the stand. There is no way to widen the fill port without causing worse problems, it will mess with timing. If a second fss was machined into the bottom of the head 180* that would be the best way to help fill time . I tried different delivery valves and the only ones that made a difference were the vw ones I turned down ( they have a shoulder like ppump ones but no relief cut in the seat)

For what it's worth, (sometimes I just put information on here so I can find it in the future LOL) A stock 2.8mm cam plate, from 0-2.8mm lift is 25* of pump rotation.

Here's a pump number of a 6.7 RGT engine 0 460 426 375 3288249.

I'm told they have a considerably faster cam plate. Anyone able to use that number to find out any details? If I had one off I'd check myself, but they're a major pain to remove from a tractor.

1 466 111 684 - camplate number, list price $275.00

I've got a call in, checking for availability. It is NOT the same camplate found in our 5.9. That's about all one can tell as far as specs, without actually physically measuring things out.

Haha...did you ever bench that 14mm that you had the weird feed arrangement on?

Yes 440 cc give or take a couple @ 5000rpm. The pump stand would groan and pull down when the dual feed kicked in:eek::eek:

Yes 440 cc give or take a couple @ 5000rpm. The pump stand would groan and pull down when the dual feed kicked in:eek::eek:

That's awesome! Definitely have a lot of fuel on me, if it holds up. Good luck with the new setup man.

No, 14 mm stock can plate . The 4 mm plate made 600cc on the stand then tied up the 2nd run

No, 14 mm stock can plate . The 4 mm plate made 600cc on the stand then tied up the 2nd run

Knowing you, it probably failed at like 7000rpm :lolly:

Now what was the setup you ran again? A power steering pump and solenoid that supplied pressure directly to the case? It's been a while.

No tied up at 3000rpm, ran less fuel than the stock camplate till I turned the dual feed on ,then tied up right after the counter stopped. It broke my stand adapter too.

Anyone know what the functional difference is between these two fulcrum levers?

VE001_zps1473adb6.jpg

VE002_zpsd87e33a6.jpg

Both were out of Cummins pumps. The one on the right was out of a 85-86 model 5.9 pump, 2nd or third one that's had that stlye, the one on the left was out of AG application, and had a Dodge housing with that style also.

What is the height difference between the 2, while on their backs, of the little ball on the bottom?

When my assortment of cam plates show up to check out, if there's not one of those in there, I'll be in for one.

I also have one of these engines that may need major work since it's drinking coolant. The pump may have to get a seal kit put in it at the same time. ;)

Last edited:
Back