VE Tech

Any thoughts on the fact that fuel is coming out of the transfer pump, having the pi$$ sloshed out of it by the governor, and then making it's way to the head?

I have in my head that tapping into the pump housing and then feeding the solenoid port with a external line may improve fuel quality.

Dumb question.

Re indexing the throttle. I'm trying to understand how it helps vs adjusting the idle.

I have a pump that is turned to the edge of runaway. Idle is set at 800. If I re-index it, and then adjust idle back to 800, the internal lever is going to be in the same spot and my external throttle lever is going to be moved.

What am I missing?

Personally, I've always set my pump up so that I can't get the idle any lower by the idle screw and minor tweaks in the top plate.... and then do what it takes to be close to runaway. That way I also have the farthest throttle sweep as well.

I've been known to set my indexing such that ultimately, the idle was set by the main fuel screw.

I can't do that. On pumps I've been working with, they run away if the idle is set by the fuel screw.

If you don't want to post it for the whole group to read could you please pm me with the injector size?

I have always set my idle with the fuel screw. All non-IC pumps usually have the idle set around 900 to 1000rpm. Its a little scary but if you rev them in neutral they usually take a couple of seconds for them to come back to idle. On my race truck that pump is a little flaky almost had it run away in the staging lane, no fun had to slam it into gear to get the rpms down.

So, on a normal test bench..... the cc would of been about 340, give or take.

Just sayin'.....

I want to say 14mm. Mark Nixon, I want to say, used helicoil to make the 12mm threads on the VE to 14mm

Back