VP Dynamic Timing Vs. Advancing

Sorry- from the first post, I was led to believe that you were the one choosing tuning given the way the post was worded. I dont understand why you would hit the brakes to hinder your tires turning on the drums....they are supposed to turn the drums. 1300 huh? that is like better than stock. how awesome.

The dyno operator hd so much load on the drum that I was spinning tires on the drum, the drum wasn't spinning. So we had him turn off the brakes & we loaded the trucks up using our foot brakes. I guess that pretty much makes it a dynojet now wouldn't it? Those numbers were taken after I ran my truck like 12 runs before that trying to figure out how to load the truck to reach full boost.

The dyno operator hd so much load on the drum that I was spinning tires on the drum, the drum wasn't spinning. So we had him turn off the brakes & we loaded the trucks up using our foot brakes. I guess that pretty much makes it a dynojet now wouldn't it? Those numbers were taken after I ran my truck like 12 runs before that trying to figure out how to load the truck to reach full boost.

No. Free Spinning Mustangs are not like a DJ248. A Mustang is a load cell Dyno. A DJ is an inertia dyno.

No.... I said that Mustangs are not as consistent from machine to machine. You even stated that the guy was clueless with diesels. I would like to see numbers on your truck on a DJ going flatfooted from 65 or so in OD. It would make for a much prettier curve.

No.... I said that Mustangs are not as consistent from machine to machine. You even stated that the guy was clueless with diesels. I would like to see numbers on your truck on a DJ going flatfooted from 65 or so in OD. It would make for a much prettier curve.

I dyno every October with the local guys. I will make my next appt. with a DJ & do as you told me. I will also get some graphs showing that my truck is not a laggy POS. I wasn't going for pretty curves that day, I was doing back to back same day tests of Adrenaline vs. Drag comp. A balls out face-off only. Here is another vid of my Lag monster. I'll get some more soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DizzchwGAec

i did some testing today, i got rid of my way oversized injector for something smaller, the truck has way more power all the way through the rpm range and it pulls like crazy above 3500rpm and i was seeing 4572rpm on the redline recall today, thats what i was shifting at, had the comp on 5x5 and redline on 68% i have found thats the best setting for making power up top close to 4k, now to add some timing to see if i can clear up the rest of the smoke i have up top

i did some testing today, i got rid of my way oversized injector for something smaller, the truck has way more power all the way through the rpm range and it pulls like crazy above 3500rpm and i was seeing 4572rpm on the redline recall today, thats what i was shifting at, had the comp on 5x5 and redline on 68% i have found thats the best setting for making power up top close to 4k, now to add some timing to see if i can clear up the rest of the smoke i have up top

You still at 5*? I haven't tried that setting yet.

im at stock now, i couldnt stand the no power at all til 2600 or so, i might have to try it again and make a cover for myself so i can swap it faster with out swapping keys, its only a matter of time before i drop one down inside there

im at stock now, i couldnt stand the no power at all til 2600 or so, i might have to try it again and make a cover for myself so i can swap it faster with out swapping keys, its only a matter of time before i drop one down inside there

Yeah, I know what you mean. I almost dropped my key today when I was moving my gear back.

I'm assuming you are running the comp as an EZ?

When you did your drag VS QUad testing what came out on top?????

The Adrenaline did 611hp, the Drag did 607hp. I never adjusted the Adrenaline, just loaded it & ran pl10. From what I'm hearing, some guys got 30hp more on PL08.

How driveable is the quad and have you done anymore testing with the vp44?

Perfectly 100% smooth. I had to put my truck back to stock to do some driving/towing. I'm not done yet. So far, I've only tried 10* timing, way too much timing I guess, but it was running rough.

Been fallowing this tread guys for a while & it's been very interesting but I have a question.At some occassions you guys had metioned that you were changing the keyway on your cam gear.I understand that you guys probably have an adjustable cam gear, but do you have to change the keyway everytime you change timing?? or am i misunderstanding something??

Been fallowing this tread guys for a while & it's been very interesting but I have a question.At some occassions you guys had metioned that you were changing the keyway on your cam gear.I understand that you guys probably have an adjustable cam gear, but do you have to change the keyway everytime you change timing?? or am i misunderstanding something??

no we dont have an adjustable cam gear thats why we are using the offset keyways to get the different cam timing

I'm picking up what you are laying down! Offset keyway is cheaper then getting a adjustable cam gear!

It was done both ways, adjustable gear, and offset keyway. I will say this one last time, then feel free to procede and waste your own time at will, don't bother.

Back