VP Revo

Makes sense, but it will do it even on the maxx mileage setting and on the canbus as well. I'm running the comp tune right now in the ADR.

Ive done everything I can. Bob even posetd up some help on the CF but even after Extracting the Smarty Zip folder with 7zip, I cannot find a .smt file Anywhere to upload.

Found this on the MADS website.
2 - connect Smarty through USB port
The first time you connect Smarty, the computer shows the message "new hardware found" and asks for the driver.
If you don't use Windows Vista, do not allow the computer to find automatically the driver, tell instead to the computer
the folder name where you have unzipped the driver

Anyone runnins Windows Vista other than me?

PM me your email and I will send you the .smt file. IT's only like 4MB.

Would be much less a PITA to not compress the files!

I have this update and the one before in one folder and it's a "whooping" 14MB.

Ok i think someone needs to inform us as to what the

Torque, Injection Timing and Injection duration have to do with performance. I would just like to know at what each does and what advantages there are to run them at higher levels.

Duration- The amount of time the pump will supply fuel to the injector.

Timing- Times when the injector fires the fuel into the cylinder on the combustion stroke.

Torque management- How much fuel will be provided in relationship to boost or rpm.

That's my simplistic overview of what each adjustment does.

Yeah but just putting the setting on the highest doesnt mean you are going to gain more performance. I understand what they are i just want to know how you need to set the setting to get the best performance.

YES thankyou so much. It worked right away. Uploading right now. and just for the record...to use 7 zip. I right clicked onto the Smarty zip folder, went to the 7 zip tab and then clicked extract. I appreciate the help and the email.

Yeah but just putting the setting on the highest doesnt mean you are going to gain more performance. I understand what they are i just want to know how you need to set the setting to get the best performance.

My thought is that it's mostly trial and error.

More duration might be great on stock injectors but not so hot on a larger injector. Same with timing, what works great for one setup might not work so well for another.

so what's the best pulling tune to run with the drag comp? i want "full fuel" hopefully bob will send me the revo soon....

I like the new revo more now, first off I won two pulls this weekend with it, then drove it home from the 2nd pull and it def seemed to pull alot harder/faster with just the smarty now than it did before. The turbo does light quicker and the smoke is very light and controllable.

here is the pull videos to show how it smokes

There's so many settings its going to take me a while to get my truck dialed in, but I really have confirmed what Mike told me- with the timing advance on a hot rod vp44 you don't need additional timing. Any timing advance over stock and I can black out the road- lets say 50-70 foot trails from a good roll on. Then I go back to stock timing and I've got these pathetic 6-8 foot grey trails unless I'm really lugging it and flooring it at the same time. I tried playing with duration and it didn't have a noticeable effect on the smoke with the timing advanced.

What timing are you running for the pulls Getblown? The new tire tires look great and that truck is meaner than ever :rockwoot:

all maxed out, 6,4,6 on SW9 for me...im always set to kill.

i do notice alot of timing rattle at low rpm when i was driving it this weekend.

getblown5.9:

is that all you're running is the smarty? do you think it's stronger than stacked with a comp ?

TRUCK HOOKS WELL! by the way.

no i run a redline box too.

and no, stacking the revo with a fueling box of any type is def stronger. redline/smarty is very fun, with a smaller turbo it would be tire spin city but the lag helps keep the tires from blowing off all the time.

My truck really likes the extra timing.I did not notise the differense with injection duration. I can not believe the improvement in driveability still ! Wish I still had bigger sticks an turbo still on it.:blahblah1:
My cruise control still surges but I deal with it.

Back