VP44 Deathmatch thread.

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
I am watching (well, watching and laughing at) a few VP44 threads and figure that it is time for us to bring an end to the controversy.

Here is what I will do:

Comp D will pay for dyno time on a back to back test of an SO/H v.s. Monster/Dragon.

Here are the stipulations:
1) Dynojet or Superflow- must be at a reputable shop... If I'm gonna drop the coin, Billy's Dyno, muffler and Sub shop is not going to be where I point to when I want to back up a claim, either way it goes.

2) The run order will be:
* SO/HO no electronics
*SO/HO on kill
*swap*
* Monster/Dragon no electronics
*Monster/Dragon on kill.

3) Same Day, Same truck.... If you lack sufficient talent to swap the pump in a reasonable amount of time, sell your truck and buy a 7.3.

4) I will accept applications in this thread. Don't get butthurt when I tell you no. Do not attempt to get yourself a deal on a pump because Comp D is doing this. I will tell you to pound sand if I find out that you stood on the shoulders of the rest of us to save a buck. ... I will make it worth your while along with Dyno time, but I'm not going to turn this into an idiot fest....God knows there are enough Idiot 24v owners out there already.

5) If I tell you no, do not b!tch. I'm not going to listen to it.

6) You will have a time frame for getting back to us on this deal, so don't apply if you don't plan on a swap soon.

7) Don't act like a queer... if you do, the deal is off.

Fair enough?

Can he abide by rule #7?

That is most important.

Sounds like an awesome deal to me, I'll be subscribing to this thread for sure. I can't wait to see some real numbers for a change.

I can volunteer my truck and my time for this. I have changed plenty VP's in the last 5yrs. (I've had 4 different ones on my truck for Drag racing comparisons).

After this weekend I'll have a fresh engine with new twins (62 over s475) I have a II SO pump on my truck currently and was roughly in the 600HP range with the old setup.

I have an Edge Comp, and Edge EZ. Have can have access to a TST, Redline and Quad.

If I can help you in this Deathmatch PM me, and I'm more than willing to take a weekend and meet you at Dunbar's Dyno to if you want.

Lavon

I can volunteer my truck and my time for this. I have changed plenty VP's in the last 5yrs. (I've had 4 different ones on my truck for Drag racing comparisons).

After this weekend I'll have a fresh engine with new twins (62 over s475) I have a II SO pump on my truck currently and was roughly in the 600HP range with the old setup.

I have an Edge Comp, and Edge EZ. Have can have access to a TST, Redline and Quad.

If I can help you in this Deathmatch PM me, and I'm more than willing to take a weekend and meet you at Dunbar's Dyno to if you want.

Lavon

Sounds like the perfect candidate :Cheer:, just curious as to what a fair time frame would be to swap out 3 vp44s? great idea though to finally put an end to my vp is better than yours, congrats to CompD.

will be watching this i have already done this so it will be interesting to see someothers results, maybe contacting Mike(monsterpump) and Brady(dragonfire) and even see if theyd be willing to put there pumps up for the test and even injectors, Run your pump and sticks on your truck whatever you got currently swap it for the new stuff and put it to the test.
Monster pump all the way!!

I was looking for someone that is about to do the swap, but if II and Mike are agreeable, I can see to it that said parts are tested and returned. the main problem I foresee is this whole big line/injector thing. It is hard to have a side by side test if we change more than one variable. I suppose we could put showerhead nozzles and big lines on an SO for testing purposes.

Lavon's truck is a great candidate for this. It has a proven setup.

will be watching this i have already done this so it will be interesting to see someothers results, maybe contacting Mike(monsterpump) and Brady(dragonfire) and even see if theyd be willing to put there pumps up for the test and even injectors, Run your pump and sticks on your truck whatever you got currently swap it for the new stuff and put it to the test.
Monster pump all the way!!

I think it would at least be a good idea to try and contact those who make the pumps. The SO/HO pumps will prolly just be off the self but coming up with the others is going to bring some coin. I'm not saying Tim should do it at all but at least contact them to see. Its a great idea and LAmiller has a nice truck to be the test bed. The problem is going to be getting all the pumps in one place. This thread is a great way to see if its posible.

I have both a SO and Monster pump and might be willing to do this. What about mustang dynos are they out of the question? Place by me has a mustang dyno....

Krazy House Customs

Honestly, I don't care for them. I don't have tons of experience with them, and the main problem is that they are not as close from machine to machine as Dynojets are. I have seen a truck make xx HP on Dunbars machine and be within 1% on TNT's or Jefferson state's ...

Anyone know of a DJ in NJ?

I think it would at least be a good idea to try and contact those who make the pumps. The SO/HO pumps will prolly just be off the self but coming up with the others is going to bring some coin. I'm not saying Tim should do it at all but at least contact them to see. Its a great idea and LAmiller has a nice truck to be the test bed. The problem is going to be getting all the pumps in one place. This thread is a great way to see if its posible.

All this hoopla is your fault anyway LOL

Honestly, I don't care for them. I don't have tons of experience with them, and the main problem is that they are not as close from machine to machine as Dynojets are. I have seen a truck make xx HP on Dunbars machine and be within 1% on TNT's or Jefferson state's ...

Anyone know of a DJ in NJ?

I believe the closest dynojet to me is going to be down in Maryland which is not an uncommon journey for me. My SO is up for sale but if it dont sell here shortly i will run it and the monster pump back to back.

id be more then happy to call Mike and see what he thinks about it, what about a decent size well known event to do this at something like this? where its easy to get everything in one place

id be more then happy to call Mike and see what he thinks about it, what about a decent size well known event to do this at something like this? where its easy to get everything in one place

I can probably swing us a lap or 2 on Dunbar's machine and some space to work at SDX.....

All of my rules still apply with the addition of:

8) You may be subjected to the taunting of Tim and others while working.

................. figure I better cover my bases LOL

I'm just busting yer balls...... that was like what, 2 years ago?

Yea over 2 years now. I know ur just :poke:. Like I said, I dealt with my fair share of them. Gave up a long time ago. Heck even tore one down at Woodruffs shop just last year to see what it really was. Needless to say the pump is still apart. I do think it would be interesting to see where they all stand. Even though you have X person saying Y parts need to be used and person A saying B parts need to be used to do it properly I still think back to back is the only way people will see cold hard facts. Me, a simple SO or HRVP from scheids is all I need anymore. I ain't playing that game no more. It ain't worth it.

Back