Wanted: 8ft bed to fit 2009 Dodge.

I got bit by a deer back in June. Couldn’t afford to be down for a week plus for a body shop to fix it. I found a perfect, band new take off and a set of fiberglass mega cab fenders. Working on getting parts together now. Should have it done in the next couple weeks and on the truck.

Truck configuration is a 2011 crew cab, 8 foot bed, factory dually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got bit by a deer back in June. Couldn’t afford to be down for a week plus for a body shop to fix it. I found a perfect, band new take off and a set of fiberglass mega cab fenders. Working on getting parts together now. Should have it done in the next couple weeks and on the truck.

Sweet.

Something else that amazed me was that I took my short bed mat and tossed it into the long bed to see if it could be modified to fit. It fit perfectly but was just short on the front end. I just trimmed it back to where the tool box started and went with it. It fit pretty decent.

I think that sticker is older than 2016

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I think that sticker is older than 2016

I really can't remember. I know Phil gave it to me one night in Robinson's trailer. I thought it was at TS and that was the last time I was there. Maybe a time before. It's weathered a few storms in it's time on the rear glass.

Cut 6" off the Aussie yesterday. Much better.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2819[1].jpg
    IMG_2819[1].jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 0
Must be something contagious going around Oklahoma. All these silver dodges changing beds and needing airbags lol.
7157804e714489bb5bbb701948ffde42.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Must have been Lego day at the fabbers, because there is no reason to "fishplate" a correctly done Mega stretch.
With a long bed rear frame donor, the frame stretch, quite literally, is plug & play.

Mark.

Must be something contagious going around Oklahoma. All these silver dodges changing beds and needing airbags.

In other news, Trent has moved Outlaw Diesel to Blackwell and has re-branded it to Titanium Diesel. Now you have a good local diesel shop. :rockwoot:

Must have been Lego day at the fabbers, because there is no reason to "fishplate" a correctly done Mega stretch.
With a long bed rear frame donor, the frame stretch, quite literally, is plug & play.

Well, there are a lot of things the fabbers could have done better. I think I got their least experienced guy and it shows. There was not a seam that lined up on this truck for "plug-n-play". I was told the frame was from an '05 1-ton dually. The seams are not in the same place as the '09 frame I have. They had to cut it mid section and piece it together to get the wheelbase correct. Apparently I needed a different rear section from a newer truck...but it all worked out.

...Well, there are a lot of things the fabbers could have done better. I think I got their least experienced guy and it shows. There was not a seam that lined up on this truck for "plug-n-play". I was told the frame was from an '05 1-ton dually. The seams are not in the same place as the '09 frame I have. They had to cut it mid section and piece it together to get the wheelbase correct. Apparently I needed a different rear section from a newer truck...but it all worked out.
If you work from the splice ahead of the rear cab mount, it's doable with some simple trimming back of the donor rear section.
I could take pics and show how it works out, but I loathe doing pics in mud and rain.

Even so, it's probably pointless, since the deed is already done.

Mark.

Last edited:
If you work from the splice ahead of the rear cab mount, it's doable with some simple trimming back of the donor rear section.
I could take pics and show how it works out, but I loathe doing pics in mud and rain.

Even so, it's probably pointless, since the deed is already done.

Mark.

Yup. It's done. Not exactly what I was expecting, but it only cost me a few grand in comparison to taking it to Utah and spending ten grand. I just need to get it on a lift and tidy up some fuel lines and wiring harnesses. Very little care was made to get them all straight and back in their OEM clamps like they should be.

In other news, Trent has moved Outlaw Diesel to Blackwell and has re-branded it to Titanium Diesel. Now you have a good local diesel shop. :rockwoot:

Hey he's back, good deal. You have a local shop, I'm 3.5 hrs away and I am the local shop lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hey he's back, good deal. You have a local shop, I'm 3.5 hrs away and I am the local shop lol.

Damn! Good to hear from you! How have you been?

Blackwell isn't exactly 'local', but at <1 hour away, I can at least stop and see the parents when I need something done. I guess he had enough of working on big trucks and opened up a really nice shop northwest of town in what once was his grandfather's place years ago.

Wanna know how I know facebook is listening to our every move?

attachment.php

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Attachments

• IMG_3250[1].PNG
    IMG_3250[1].PNG
    719.7 KB · Views: 0
Back