West Coast Pull Series???

I agree.
Also, I think it would be good to do it with L&L, the only thing is there is about 5-6 spectators at each event. I think that's because it's about the only pull that we go to that is not at a county fair. But they do have a good amount of bleachers because they also have motorcycle races there. Every time I go there I call Nick D and he says he won't go to Newman unless they get a different sled, for some reason he really doesn't like it, but I think if we got a series going he would probably show up seeing it's only about 2 hours away.
8500 is gay.

-Tom

see there you go sleddy with your head stuck in the sand or maybe elsewhere--he,he---open up the 8500# classes--if no one shows what are you out---there's always 2-3 or maybe 4 guys that are shredding their truck to make weight at the last moment---this burns them the wrong way, ostrich boy----if there's only a couple of trucks you can surely just let them pull exhibition against themselves vs lumping them in a class where they have no chance----.........chris

Chris- I wonder if you would consider them ripping their axles out because they are too damn pig heavy, "burning them the wrong way"?

8000 is too heavy for the power to drivetrain ratio. I have explained myself a 1000 times on these boards about weight classes. You have to have reasonable standards, they need to be coast to coast, and 8500 is too heavy.

Nothing is stopping the pullers at the event to let a heavy guy in their class.

I have no sympathy for a crew cab dually long bed with tool boxes and a ladder rack, and 3 full tanks of fuel, if he is pushed into the expo class. That style truck has allll the advantages, and they still want more weight.

I ran underweight all last year, my truck weighed 7600-7700 pounds depending on the scale. I chose to do that, even at that weight though, I still managed to destroy a dana 80 in 13 hooks on loose tracks, that had fresh internals before the season started.

-Tom

Yeah well, you know.:hehe::hehe: And that was with 720 lbs hanging off the front too.:doh:

-Tom

Does L&L have a dependable sled? Is it something that could handle a big show? Will it stop all trucks?

Tom --then I'm gay......in a happy way---

plus not many guys are in your HP range or have your setup, so you can't compare your truck to the guy off the street--

sleddy--- I'm only talking about the lower classes(should've made that clear)---once guys get up to the serious classes there's a little more thinking involved, don't you think--these guys aren't going to rip much out with their power level and if they do they do it on purpose to impress their buddies--out here it's the guys off the street we need to build up the sport with and making these guys pull exhibition doesn't get it done---so something needs to change, who knows what it is but keeping it the same ain't getting it done---so if guys aren't adapting to you maybe you need to adapt for them---again blinders locked and loaded---

5-6 people in the stands doesn't cut it---I don't remember the track being anything special, but it's been quite sometime since I was there---way before all of you other guys started pulling, but have they worked on it??? I'm guessing they have if you guys say it's good---I recall talking about the sled with Nick and I'd agree they need a better one---but I'll give L&L a big hand for doing what they do and they are good guys---

chris

vtpa putts on a lot of pulls,diesels run exhib, and the sled thay use is a dead sled whitch means that the frount all ready has a lot of weight. the half ton class uses a drop sled whitch drops as the box moves up, much easer on your truck.

sleddy--- I'm only talking about the lower classes(should've made that clear)---once guys get up to the serious classes there's a little more thinking involved, don't you think--these guys aren't going to rip much out with their power level a

Chris, have you seen the street power level recently????

In 1997, we started with 215 HP- what do they have now out of the factory, 325+, add a plug and play, and they are coming close to a parts shredding 500, turbo and injectors,, and you have a truck in dire need of safety equipment, that is a daily driver.

I'll tell you the same thing I told the fat trucks from the east- (if its my pull:))when I have 20 fat trucks, that can't make weight, I'll make a class.
When I have 2 out of 80, forget it.

Tom --then I'm gay......in a happy way---

plus not many guys are in your HP range or have your setup, so you can't compare your truck to the guy off the street--

5-6 people in the stands doesn't cut it---I don't remember the track being anything special, but it's been quite sometime since I was there---way before all of you other guys started pulling, but have they worked on it??? I'm guessing they have if you guys say it's good---I recall talking about the sled with Nick and I'd agree they need a better one---but I'll give L&L a big hand for doing what they do and they are good guys---

chris

I wasn't comparing my truck to street trucks, I was simply explaining the obvious, the heavier the truck, the more parts you break. Plain and simple.

Mike and Steve Lewis just bought that sled in early '06 from VTPA I think, and made the agreement with with Hills Ferry raceway about the same time. The track was built with "hauled in" material, that makes for one of the best tracks around. If they did more night pulls, it would be easier to keep the track perfect over the entire event, right now the day pulls are tough because its 110* outside and dry. They can set the sled up to stop any truck, but I think they need to screw around with it a bit more, I know Nick does'nt like it because the two sled settings they have are either 250' or 350+'. So if they can tune the sled a bit better for us, it would be a pretty decent event.

-Tom

I ran at 8000# last year and will be runing @ NADM wieght this year 7600#

I don't care if I run exhibition either, just want to run :)

BBD

LMAO at that link!! You guys have the exact same gasser trash antiques from the 60s and 70s that we do!!!
I did see one nice IH...

I would say the land of the Fruit and Nut Festival, is ready for late model Diesel power, eh?

In 2000, with a mighty 302 rwhp at Sledpullers wheels, and a slipping clutch, I got into the pull off of a 6800 open street class. (Translation: I drove mine35 miles, the gasser trash unloaded down the street and drove in)
It was me vs Eff Twee Fiddy High Boys and BBCs-that hadn't seen the street since 1975.
Alas, the slipping clutch let me down, but the funny part is, the announcer asked the crowd of 2500, if THERE WERE ANY DIESEL FANS OUT THERE????

All you can hear are crickets.........

2 years later, we had stands full of cheering people, and the gasser trash boys very ANGRY, and jealous.
You guys can do the same thing, you have the big magazines out there, now, that we never had, its just going to take a lot of exhibition hooks and traveling.

Whats the story on Hollister? Big full stands, and decent looking track....in the video.

Holister = small pits, no class breaks, no enforcment of safty rules, drunks and pot heads everywere INCLUDING THE PITS and some drivers, pull late at night after 5 hours of waiting at the end of the show, and no pay outs.

Other then those small details tight track :)

BBD

who the phuk cares if they break---that's a lame excuse if there's ever been one---everyone breaks or will at sometime---

some of these kids come to break they live for it, they want that attn, but when they get thrown in against Scott, Tom or Nick, guess what they aren't the center of attraction anymore---

I can't believe this breakage thing is such a stickler--if that's the case then Sleddy you better start de-tuning the trucks across the board so there's less breakage----you know I'm right----so get off of it and try and help --you've always been against any change in the weight thing and now it's breakage that you're using as a crutch--why do you care??? I'm lost on this, isn't the goal to put guys out on the track and people in the stands and people like to see breakage--it happens it's part of the price you pay--so what if they weigh more----we need more pure and simple......

Tom-- your truck was used as an example and then you come in and say I broke, maybe I mis-understood your intent, but to me it looked like you said look I broke and so will a heavier truck, not true, but yet true, most everyone will break at some point----

again this heavier truck breakage thing is assnine attempt to say my way or no way---well it works when you have the amount of trucks that are back in the east, but out here we need more guys and lumping them together in a class that they have no chance in doesn't sit well with them---and yes if there's only 2 trucks then maybe tough, but won't that kind of depend on the amount of the trucks at the event and how much time the event has to get things accomplished---again it's the my way or no way mentality that we have to change---something as to change or it will continue at its current pace and maybe stagnate, which may be the case now----but whatever this breakage thing holds no weight to me and again if it is such a concern then Sleddy the rules need to start to detune the trucks power levels to keep from breaking----

Tom-- thanks for the track info--I didn't know they did that, now if they could get a better sled and somehow make a pull or two a year into a bang up event then things would be better---

Bakersfield, Reno, Ukiah, L&L, J&H maybe Hollister if you want to chance coming out alive and maybe one or two others would probably work---chris

Chris, fit the friggin rules or don't pull. You average hat two pulls year anyway, so why are you cryin?

-Tom

Back