What are the personal safety requirements for an 8.99 car

They just got back to me and said I'll need the chassis cert and nhra license if I want to run 1/4.

So now I gotta figure out where to do that around here.

Ok, after looking at both the nhrda rules, and some nhra rules I found scattered around the internet, I found what I need for gloves, boots, neck brace, and helmet. I may have a suit lined up, and I'm going to wait and see what the tech guy says about getting the chassis cert and nhra license.

Unfreaking believable!!:doh:

Either do it right or don't do it at all!:poke:

Buying the clothing and then showing up without a chassis cert and competition license is pointless. One pass and you will be tossed and then overly scrutinized every time you show up afterwards even with the proper credentials and equipment.

Do yourself a favor, take the time to get everything in order properly instead of showing up looking like an ass.

Unfreaking believable!!:doh:

Either do it right or don't do it at all!:poke:

Buying the clothing and then showing up without a chassis cert and competition license is pointless. One pass and you will be tossed and then overly scrutinized every time you show up afterwards even with the proper credentials and equipment.

Do yourself a favor, take the time to get everything in order properly instead of showing up looking like an ass.

You mis-understood. I waited for him to respond to me. Some tracks don't care. I'm sure you know this. Anyways, the guy got back to me, and I will need the chassis cert and license. Now I need to figure out where to get it done around OKC, which was also mentioned already.

You mis-understood. I waited for him to respond to me. Some tracks don't care. I'm sure you know this. Anyways, the guy got back to me, and I will need the chassis cert and license. Now I need to figure out where to get it done around OKC, which was also mentioned already.

Not any that I would want to race on!!!

A little web surfing would do you wonders:poke:

Tulsa Raceway Park | Drag Racing | Tulsa Oklahoma-74116

http://www.nhra.com/competition/forms.aspx

Not any that I would want to race on!!!

A little web surfing would do you wonders:poke:

Tulsa Raceway Park | Drag Racing | Tulsa Oklahoma-74116

http://www.nhra.com/competition/forms.aspx

I already know how to get the licensing done. I need to find 2 other already licensed people, and I don't know any. On top of that, I need to figure out how to get the physical done.

For the chassis, I can't make it to the tulsa day, and the day for it at my local track is already done. I need to find the 1 guy that comes to oklahoma.

This may end up being a 10.10 car for life LOL What a money racket.

I already know how to get the licensing done. I need to find 2 other already licensed people, and I don't know any.

When you setup to do your licensing passes there should be plenty of licensed drivers at the track willing to sign your application.

On top of that, I need to figure out how to get the physical done.

Don't you have a Doctor? :confused:

For the chassis, I can't make it to the tulsa day, and the day for it at my local track is already done. I need to find the 1 guy that comes to oklahoma.

Again...web searches are your freinds.

Charlie Cathcart 580-223-9563 Oklahoma and North Texas

This may end up being a 10.10 car for life LOL What a money racket.

You got to pay to play!!

When you setup to do your licensing passes there should be plenty of licensed drivers at the track willing to sign your application.

Don't you have a Doctor? :confused:

Again...web searches are your freinds.

Charlie Cathcart 580-223-9563 Oklahoma and North Texas

You got to pay to play!!

I can only do test'n'tunes, and there are rarely any 9.99 cars at those. But I'll still ask anyone who looks fast enough.

I have a doctor, but he's military, and more than likely won't do a physical for a dangerous drag racing license.

I already have charlie's number, I'm calling him tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far though.

Why do you say that? I'm responsible for my own safety. I'm not racing anyone else. I'm not going for points or money. I'm simply in it for myself.

The credentials and equipment are there for everyone involved...not just you and has NOTHING to do with wether you are racing anyone or going for points or money.

Have you ever driven a 8.50-9.99 sec vehicle on the track? It's not as simple or as easy as running your 12-13 sec truck. :poke:

I can only do test'n'tunes, and there are rarely any 9.99 cars at those. But I'll still ask anyone who looks fast enough.

I have a doctor, but he's military, and more than likely won't do a physical for a dangerous drag racing license.

I already have charlie's number, I'm calling him tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far though.

Why can you only do T&T's? :confused:

A Doctor that won't do a physical? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard! :hehe:

Have you ever driven a 8.50-9.99 sec vehicle on the track? It's not as simple or as easy as running your 12-13 sec truck. :poke:

Was wondering that myself. Anyone that's never been quicker than a 12-13 will sh!t on their leg going straight into an 8 second car.

Why can you only do T&T's? :confused:

A Doctor that won't do a physical? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard! :hehe:

He's in the military. Our docs dont always like to fill out someone elses forms our care to do an exam for any other reason beyond the annual physical. Sweet talking one is possible, I try to find one with a decent sports car, hard to do in the middle of winter though.

He's not allowed to for one. And if they took the insurance and the wrong person got wind of it, he would be severely phukked.

I'll have to look into them. Urgent care doesn't sound like routine physicals with blood work though.

And i can only do test tunes because i can't just take days off to travel for events, even if i could afford it.

Edit: i see the coupon for the physical, i need to call and see what extra they'll charge for the blood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
You can still get NADM to come and give you a record.

Back