What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
and i'm over here trying to figure out how i'm going to get up to 6000#.

i'm hoping the classes are separated by more turbo than the previously suggested s476 and s471 box turbos and instead s476 and a 66mm. am I crazy to suggest that something like an s366(maybe 66sxe/73) for the heavy class could potentially attract a TON of entries? targeting the 700-900hp crowd that could be competitive without building a purpose built drag truck?

i think there will be the same handful of guys to dominate a class like the 3.0. i think we can pretend that we're evening the playing field but a truck built to run pro street, competitively, is going to out 60 and outrun anything else at equal weight and power.

366= Antique Turbo AIDS

Just caught up on all the post looks like it will be pretty cool with two classes . Maybe we should separate the classes a little more then just 500 # though. Maybe make the street class a little heavier yet so people wont have to chop there trucks up so much to get there, that might attract more guys. I would think most guys that are already at the 6000# weight range would probably work hard to lose another 500 to get the truck down to the 5500. But if your 1000 or 1500 over then its pretty hard to do with out completely cutting the truck up Maybe still keep the entry at 500.00 for both classes but let the big pot go to the class that has to most entries .

X2 I weighed my 03 QCSB 4x4 at 6680 with me in it (250lbs). That was with missing 4 leafs and no overloads, 1/4 tank of fuel, no hitches, rear bumper, spare tire, or back seat. I figured I may have to cut my bed out to get to 6000.

X2 I weighed my 03 QCSB 4x4 at 6680 with me in it (250lbs). That was with missing 4 leafs and no overloads, 1/4 tank of fuel, no hitches, rear bumper, spare tire, or back seat. I figured I may have to cut my bed out to get to 6000.

I'd consider not racing a quad cab truck then. There's enough time you could theoretically find a sweet junker to drop your motor and trans combo in and go racing with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 6500# class could be the second class. Off the shelf turbo plus an attainable weight plus a lower ET plus less safety gear required should mean a bigger class.

I'd consider not racing a quad cab truck then. There's enough time you could theoretically find a sweet junker to drop your motor and trans combo in and go racing with it.

LOL, SCLB's are hard enough to find, let alone one cheap enough to make into a toy.

i agree. I'm ~5200 with complete interior, sheet metal, full tank, and drinking a cup of coffee.:rules:

Ya, I have already and found a SC truck, I am on the fence on the whole deal right now.

Not sure if thats the right mindset to attract a bunch of racers though. Now is the time to get the classes set up to attract the most people.

LOL, SCLB's are hard enough to find, let alone one cheap enough to make into a toy.

I have a cab and a frame to a 94 dodge, no axles, perfect for the beginning of a sweet race truck. They can be found.

I just don't see the point in trying to race a quad cab. Especially for a race like this. Cut it up and spend a considerable amount of time building it to get down in weight (everyone is trying to be lighter). Versus just putting the motor and trans in a smaller truck, with the possibility of going to the 3.0 class with very little weight reductions. Makes more sense to me that way.

Anyhow, if we can't come to a conclusion on the fat trucks then a class for them at 6300 I think would be reasonable. Still requires them to loose weight but not a crazy amount.

Just caught up on all the post looks like it will be pretty cool with two classes . Maybe we should separate the classes a little more then just 500 # though. Maybe make the street class a little heavier yet so people wont have to chop there trucks up so much to get there, that might attract more guys. I would think most guys that are already at the 6000# weight range would probably work hard to lose another 500 to get the truck down to the 5500. But if your 1000 or 1500 over then its pretty hard to do with out completely cutting the truck up Maybe still keep the entry at 500.00 for both classes but let the big pot go to the class that has to most entries .

A 6500# class could be the second class. Off the shelf turbo plus an attainable weight plus a lower ET plus less safety gear required should mean a bigger class.

Another vote for 6500#'s. All I'd have to do is take out my sub-woofer box and the passenger seat, lol.

I just don't see the point in trying to race a quad cab. Especially for a race like this. Cut it up and spend a considerable amount of time building it to get down in weight (everyone is trying to be lighter). Versus just putting the motor and trans in a smaller truck, with the possibility of going to the 3.0 class with very little weight reductions. Makes more sense to me that way.

I agree that a SC is ideal, however you cant have a heavier class to attract hot street trucks, but require at least half of them to cut them up to be competitive. If your truck is light already, you need to be in 3.0 class.

As the rules are looking right now the 2.6 class will be faster anyway with nitrous and only 500lb weight difference.

I have a cab and a frame to a 94 dodge, no axles, perfect for the beginning of a sweet race truck. They can be found.

Anyhow, if we can't come to a conclusion on the fat trucks then a class for them at 6300 I think would be reasonable. Still requires them to loose weight but not a crazy amount.

I absolutely agree, chassis is where the weight starts. For ease of conversion for a drive-by-wire truck, a 3rd gen would be easiest. I have been keeping an eye peeled for a good shape 4x4 SCLB and am not having much luck. Rust free, decent shape trucks are hard to come by in the portion of the country.

i think there will be the same handful of guys to dominate a class like the 3.0. i think we can pretend that we're evening the playing field but a truck built to run pro street, competitively, is going to out 60 and outrun anything else at equal weight and power.

Agree... Plenty of people have the hp Lavon and some others have. But they don't have a nice truck set up like they do. However with the limited hp available. It will tighten it up some. They guys to beat on a regular basis will still be the ones to beat here. But it will for sure tighten the field up. Looking forward to seeing the final outcome on rules.

Last edited:
I have a SCLB 4X4 roller if someone would be interested in it for a build for this race. I am going to run what I have just have to figure out where I fit.
I think an S-400 frame turbo would be better for the heavier class. I think they flow so much better and will take much more abuse. And really the price difference between the S300 and S400 isn't that much for a box turbo

And with that, you're done here...So we can actually discuss the race you won't even be competing in.

To everyone else, feel free to continue to voice your opinions about the race without a contradictory reply to every single post for at least the next two weeks.

i knew i loved you .

I am interested in the heavy class. I'll add weight. To what ever it is. I'm not wanting to go to big on the new truck. I'd prefer 1/4 track vs an 1/8 track.

The best rule I could add is the "I win" clause. It's the clause where I win, no matter the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back