What in a 03-09 drivetrain breaks first?

Jgray.Proaudio

Don't Trust Nixon
Just about done with putting a manual VB 48 in my 2007.5.. Frame and axles have 224k miles, t-case is getting rebuilt, have a custom 5" rear driveshaft. I plan on getting a larger rear driveshaft and a built front driveshaft once the truck is running and driving.. What's going to break next? Should I be worried about axle shafts and hubs or? Goal is to be right around 1000rwhp daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has been rear driveshafts but is looks like you have that covered. I need traction bars and maybe a different valve body.

I'm on the fence on the valve body still but that's a different thread I'll probably go start right now... Haha

I should be good on the driveshaft side id hope. This last one was not cheap, and the new one will be 1530 u-joints and will be even less cheap.

What are you guys doing for a front driveshaft? I plan on getting a 5 inch aluminum driveshaft with 1480 u joints for the rear so that should be good. My truck should be around 1000 when its done

What are you guys doing for a front driveshaft? I plan on getting a 5 inch aluminum driveshaft with 1480 u joints for the rear so that should be good. My truck should be around 1000 when its done

My driveshaft guy can build a larger front driveshaft, I forget the full spec.. I think factory is a 1310 U joint, he can do 1350 without changing the pinion flange or 1410 with changing the pinion flange. Something like that. My rear is currently 5" 1480.

Stock driveshafts, axles, and U-joints on mine. 200k miles and counting. 800HP

even less cheap.

Love it.

I think if you've got a good driveshaft and traction bars, you'll be in good shape. Eventually you might get enough grip to start breaking things, but I think it's going to be back at your transmission at that point. Probably an input.

Love it.

I think if you've got a good driveshaft and traction bars, you'll be in good shape. Eventually you might get enough grip to start breaking things, but I think it's going to be back at your transmission at that point. Probably an input.

My weak point was a connecting rod unfortunately, lucky for me it only bent

I lost teeth in 4th and 6th gear on the G56, snapped the inner axle in the front end, broke the front driveshaft at the transfer case end of the cardan joint. I have traction bars, so maybe that's helped the rear driveshaft.

lol. no traction bars or anything either. I've had some caltracs sitting in the garage for a while now. maybe they'll go on one day.

I'm guilty of this crap too. I've got at least $1000 worth of parts that have needed to go on my truck for a year now, sitting on the garage floor...
Oops!

lol. no traction bars or anything either. I've had some caltracs sitting in the garage for a while now. maybe they'll go on one day.

I hear you on that lol I need get a set still

I have been at 1200+ for a good bunch of years now at about 7k lbs. Street and drag race. A lot of 10 sec passes. Stock axles. Heavy duty rear driveshaft and 1350 joints in the front from mark petros at greensburg machine. Look him up and give him a call about the front. He knows everything that can be done to those and price is very resonable

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have been at 1200+ for a good bunch of years now at about 7k lbs. Street and drag race. A lot of 10 sec passes. Stock axles. Heavy duty rear driveshaft and 1350 joints in the front from mark petros at greensburg machine. Look him up and give him a call about the front. He knows everything that can be done to those and price is very resonable

I'd go this route OP. Our trucks can handle a lot. They've got the strength, just not the cooling, that's why a bunch of 10s passes don't destroy them.

Last axles you would ever have to buy though! They are well worth the money in the offroad world

Yeah, seems like every rock bouncer you see now days has these and they seem to last longer than even 2.5 Rockwell housings!

These guys (if you're not familiar):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXVLbs41Ew"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXVLbs41Ew[/ame]

I miss being able to run 4x4 without binding but for 2200+ it isn't worth it LOL.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back