What timing?

I tried everything from 24-30 and also liked 28* best! This was a pull truck so it spent a lot of time above 3800 RPMs. I would run a DD around 24* for ease of starting and spooling turbo.

Mine seems to like it around 22* or 24*. It started fine just a couple extra rotations on the few 30* mornings we get which doesn't happen that much. That is also without the grid heater.

Mines at 25* right now. It was 28* outside the other day and it had been setting for a couple days. Just out of curiosity I started it up. Let the grid heater cycle once, hit the key and it turned over bout 3 times and was running... kinda. Spit and sputtered for a min but never died. It smoked white for about 5 mins just idling. I was told upwards of 35-38 if your running high rpms alot such as drag racing and sled pulling due to the time it takes the injector to fire at that speed. The pump cant keep up and itll actually retard the timing a little bit. Just what i was told. Take it for what its worth. Im gonna try to bump it up about 33 or so. Supposedly it makes it a beast on top end with higher timing?

Bump for more replies.

Also which pistons, ho or so can take more timing.

Anyone know the spray angle on some mach 6's?

Thanks

Bump for more replies.

Also which pistons, ho or so can take more timing.

Anyone know the spray angle on some mach 6's?

Thanks

SO bowls are larger and can handle more timing. I was told 22-24deg max on my 6's and HO bowls. We checked at 24deg with M7's and the bore scope showed still in the bowl(plunger lift method).

SO bowls are larger and can handle more timing. I was told 22-24deg max on my 6's and HO bowls. We checked at 24deg with M7's and the bore scope showed still in the bowl(plunger lift method).

So you have ho pistons. Is 24deg the highest you've tried? What do you like for daily driving?

So you have ho pistons. Is 24deg the highest you've tried? What do you like for daily driving?

Yes, I have an ho motor. 24deg is the highest I've tried, but my Exergy nozzles are supposed to still be in the bowl at 26. I've been daily driving with them at 22 deg. They have made good power at 22(933hp) but would probably like more timing. We are going to tighten the gov. springs 2 clicks to bring the higher rpm fueling back(de-fuels at about 3400 now) and try 26 deg when I get a chance to dyno or run it at the track again. Rattle is minimal at this level, but not bad. 24 was a bit harsh sounding.

Yes, I have an ho motor. 24deg is the highest I've tried, but my Exergy nozzles are supposed to still be in the bowl at 26. I've been daily driving with them at 22 deg. They have made good power at 22(933hp) but would probably like more timing. We are going to tighten the gov. springs 2 clicks to bring the higher rpm fueling back(de-fuels at about 3400 now) and try 26 deg when I get a chance to dyno or run it at the track again. Rattle is minimal at this level, but not bad. 24 was a bit harsh sounding.

I don't know I thought u had a so. My pump is pinned a 19, trying to decide if I should mess with it or not. Its a 160 and I'm thinking it'll want more timing. Any thoughts?

I had mine set at 22* on an HO motor with conversion Mach 7's and a maxed 160 pump... ran good, spooled my smallish twins instantly... still needed tuned after an engine rebuild... last weekend we bumped it up to 26*... it sounds very harsh now... each truck is different.

we are running ho pistons on a strictly pulling motor and 26 seems to be a sweet spot my 2 cents

I had mine set at 22* on an HO motor with conversion Mach 7's and a maxed 160 pump... ran good, spooled my smallish twins instantly... still needed tuned after an engine rebuild... last weekend we bumped it up to 26*... it sounds very harsh now... each truck is different.

Same twins in your sig?

Are you running the 4k GSK?

Back