What wax do you use?

adams - its some of the best stuff out there. hands down.
but i dont pay adams prices, i get mine from the people that adam gets his base stock from :ylsuper:
and i would highly suggest looking into a synthetic sealant if you dont want to wax a lot, they are a lot more durable, etc. not to mention you can still put a carnauba topper on it if thats the look youre after.

as was mentioned, zymol is good stuff thats available everywhere and is cheap. Try some of the butter wax and youll never go back to anything else tho. this stuff is amazing if you do it right - and its hard to do it wrong! ive tried a LOT of stuff - including the majority of off the shelf and a LOT of 'specialty products'.

I like the Turtle Wax "Ice" also, you can apply it in direct sunlight and it can also be applied to almost all the surfaces cause it doesn't leave the white residue on the black parts, it actually makes them black.

Hello

I have used Zymol off the shelf for years and it's been good. I just recently bought and tried some Turtle Wax after reading it came out on top of everything else in Consumer Reports.

The Turtle Wax is real easy on and easy off and I also got the spray wax to try and it seems ok so far.

I use Eagle wax as you dry spray wax after each wash but I use it AFTER my truck is DRY. this stuff works good.
About every 3-4 washes I use a paste wax, I have a whole shelf full, mothers & meguiers both work good, I have some liquid 3M stuff that works great but I don`t know what its called (I got it from a guy the details cars for dealerships).Kit paste wax is pretty good also.
I always like em clean
my old 97
mytruck008.jpg

my new ride, 04
2004PSD001.jpg

Last edited:
I also like the Turtle Wax Ice, it's pretty easy to apply/remove and really shines up the paint.

Wax? :hehe: We don't need no stinking wax! :hehe:

Attachments

• Mud 2 small.JPG
    Mud 2 small.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 27
collinite hands down. tough as nails and lasts so long I almost feel guilty making an employee wax my truck every month. :thankyou2:

Mslaughter...Very nice looking truck! Do you have a leveling kit and 315s?? Looks sharp.

Ice all the way!! Easiest to apply and last as long as any other wax.

SuperDave4x4 said:
Mslaughter...Very nice looking truck! Do you have a leveling kit and 315s?? Looks sharp.

Thanks man, yep it's a 3" leveling kit in the front and 1" added in the rear. So the truck's only actually lifted 1" beyond being leveled, but with the 35's it gives it a pretty good stance.

index.php

I got a free sample of Dupont's Teflon Wizbang Snap Wax at the Easter Jeep Safari this year..

I decided to give it a shot, and I was VERY happy with it. I still have a few samples left, so I will probably continue to use it until it runs out.

The new turtle wax ice is awesome and it leaves no white residue on your black plastic trim like the other guys do!

Klasse wax all in one cleaner Acrylic protectant &
a second coat of High Gloss Sealant Glaze to extend
how long it last.

Back