When to lock the converter

NELSON359

trying to keep up
When drag racing when is every one locking the converter? The Trans is a full billet (TRE DIESEL) Trans all billet shafts truck mods are in my Signature. I have a lock up switch also

Last edited:
I used to lock mine up as soon as I launched but the valve body started to hang first gear so now I lock up in 2nd gear.

Ok I have been doind 2nd gear and I didn't know if that is the best way cause some have said 1st. Just trying to get faster

Some trucks will take first others won't. I'd say that all kinda depends on your suspension.

Some trucks will take first others won't. I'd say that all kinda depends on your suspension.

It has 1500 front springs and blocks taking out and the helper springs removed in rear. And the converter stall is 2200 I don't knot if that matters

Second shift then wait a millionth of a second to lock it. Trans seems to last longer. JQMile had a good thread on it before.

Link? I have been working on my diy controller to find a sweeet spot for mine to lockup.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Seems like the spot every body likes is soon as it shifts 2nd lock it

I actually have mine on a microswitch so it will lock as I shift to 2nd, using a manual VB. Worked before, but I have a couple more haaspawers now so I may have to change it myself

I actually have mine on a microswitch so it will lock as I shift to 2nd, using a manual VB. Worked before, but I have a couple more haaspawers now so I may have to change it myself

That is how I intend to do mine.

I feel like mine pulls down too much to lock it during the shift due too ***** mods and tire size. I plan to mess with it tomorrow and see what works.

What mph are you guys hitting od?

From my Not-So-Smart phone

I lock it on the first stage bulb. When it hits 2nd hang onto your junk. Made my altered twist up and carry the left front past the 1/8 mile mark.

Back