Who is Big Bang Injection?

DING DING DING!! the only way to control that would be to have the same tune across all CR trucks, but who's gonna do that?:ft:

The same tune with different injectors can yield different results.

That's the point of my post.

Bosch did close the facility, during there downsizing, and those very same development engineers start two companys Exergy and S&S. Bosch also sold much of the equipment from that facility to Exergy as well. So I think they may know just as much about common rail injectors as your guys do.

I did not know that. :Cheer:

Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery that all started with the Big Bang.

Forget the life expectancy, how long will they live in reality? If they are the best, you should have recorded mileage/use and actual numbers of what some of them have lasted. I don't see that kind of miles of perfect operation possible, I as well as many others have seen and experienced too many common rail injector failures with way less than 100,000 miles whether it be a mechanical failure or solenoid. Unless they are started out as a new design from scratch, that's the only way I see possible to get that sort of longevity.

Now Brian don't get your panties in a wad over my post. I as well as almost anyone that work on lot of common rails as well as compete with them will have lots of doubts that the speculations rather than facts you provide are not proven and you are making no attempts to prove any of the "answers" to questions. I am not calling your injectors junk or anything of the such, rather just questioning the info you provide that's not solid data. I just bought a set of injectors for my personal daily driver and didn't even consider your injectors because of the lack of real world data that is not shown for the extra cost.

The life expectancy that I mentioned is realistic if good fuel quality is provided. There are many endurance tests done that prove that. The problem is that if the fuel quality or filtration is bad, injectors can be destroyed within minutes.

For example, hard particles like Siliconoxide, Aluminumoxide, Ironoxide and other similar hard particles in a higher concentration will destroy the injector in less than one hour under the high pressure operation CR injectors experience. Also water contaminated fuel will cause corrosion on the injector internals which weakens the material surface and therefore high pressure cracks can occur.

Those are the common failures that you experience from less than 100,000 miles on a set of CR Injectors. Or are you talking about injectors with a manufacturing date before 2006. There were many design improvements in the time range from 2003-2006.

Thank you!

So you are trying to say (with no proof) is that the American engineers that work for Bosch developing common rail injectors for use at GM, Ford, Cummins ect. do not know what your guys know? For the record Bosch had a fully staffed common rail development facility here and Yes, they developed and built common rail injectors and parts from scratch. So they not only know the injectors but each and every part of them and exactly how they work with one another within the injectors body! If your guys are feeding you this information then you had better open you eyes as they are feeding you a line of BS.

Bosch did close the facility, during there downsizing, and those very same development engineers start two companys Exergy and S&S. Bosch also sold much of the equipment from that facility to Exergy as well. So I think they may know just as much about common rail injectors as your guys do.

No, what I am actually stating is that the injectors for Cummins and all other Bosch injectors for commercial vehicle applications were developed in Austria. NOT in America. That is the reason why American engineers working at Bosch do not have the same knowledge and experience as the engineers in Austria who are actually on the development team designing Common Rail Injectors. Those Gentlemen in the states were not working in the development of those injectors. They were working in a “production plant” for injectors, manufacturing injectors that were not developed by themselves.

Bosch had a fully staffed common rail facility in Kentwood (not development), which is the one you are talking about, as it is the one that was closed in the past. There are two more production plants in the US (Farmington Hills and Charleston)

Do you really think that every plant is making their own designs and manufacturing their own injectors??? :umno:

Man, I think you have to reconsider your opinion, as the same injectors are build in different plants. That would never work if everyone is cooking their own soup. Right!

The fact is, ALL the injector designs have the same origin. –> Austria

Thank you!

No, what I am actually stating is that the injectors for Cummins and all other Bosch injectors for commercial vehicle applications were developed in Austria. NOT in America. That is the reason why American engineers working at Bosch do not have the same knowledge and experience as the engineers in Austria who are actually on the development team designing Common Rail Injectors. Those Gentlemen in the states were not working in the development of those injectors. They were working in a “production plant” for injectors, manufacturing injectors that were not developed by themselves.

Bosch had a fully staffed common rail facility in Kentwood (not development), which is the one you are talking about, as it is the one that was closed in the past. There are two more production plants in the US (Farmington Hills and Charleston)

Do you really think that every plant is making their own designs and manufacturing their own injectors??? :umno:

Man, I think you have to reconsider your opinion, as the same injectors are build in different plants. That would never work if everyone is cooking their own soup. Right!

The fact is, ALL the injector designs have the same origin. –> Austria

Thank you!

Brian

You are mis-informed or full of BS. I have a real set of common rail development injectors that were supplied and built from the old US plant and as a matter of fact I think I might even have three sets! Along, with prototype fuel rails and line sets. So yes, in the development phase various Bosch plants around the world built and supplied common rail parts to meet the customer requirements. Does that make the US engineers any better or worse than the Austrian one's.............. no in my book, but your claiming the reverse is just as stupid. Once prototypes were approved by the customer, production parts are made and assembled at various Bosch plants around the world. All of these plants build and assemble to the exact same Bosch specifications!

For the record Bosch did not even develop the common rail system, they BOUGHT it from the company who did. So I'm not sure where the original company was from and it may or may not have been from Austria, but Bosch did not develop the system. That kind of blows you and your guys right out of the water!

Until you can prove some of what your trying to say I would advise you to stop trying to spread more misinformation as there is already plenty of that going around on the internet! Your guys, may well build a good injector but they are not the only ones capable of doing it and they did not invent it either, they just worked at Bosch and were paid by Bosch just like so many other engineers around the world working on the common rail system, they all worked to improve the system over the years.

For the record Bosch did not even develop the common rail system, they BOUGHT it from the company who did. So I'm not sure where the original company was from and it may or may not have been from Austria, but Bosch did not develop the system. That kind of blows you and your guys right out of the water!

They bought it from fiat, obviously italian. The common rail system was developed in switzerland. But the modern common rail system was fiats baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Brian, as I've suggested before, this forum sees straight through your bull$hit, so do yourself a favor and start posting facts, dyno sheets, and hp gains. You aren't the only game in town, trust me.

I'm sure sales have SKYROCKETED, all thanks to these dated, predigested, textbook responses, and internet battling on CompD!!!

I'm starting to see why he was shown the door on that other forum now. :bang

Brian

You are mis-informed or full of BS. I have a real set of common rail development injectors that were supplied and built from the old US plant and as a matter of fact I think I might even have three sets! Along, with prototype fuel rails and line sets. So yes, in the development phase various Bosch plants around the world built and supplied common rail parts to meet the customer requirements. Does that make the US engineers any better or worse than the Austrian one's.............. no in my book, but your claiming the reverse is just as stupid. Once prototypes were approved by the customer, production parts are made and assembled at various Bosch plants around the world. All of these plants build and assemble to the exact same Bosch specifications!

Until you can prove some of what your trying to say I would advise you to stop trying to spread more misinformation as there is already plenty of that going around on the internet! Your guys, may well build a good injector but they are not the only ones capable of doing it and they did not invent it either, they just worked at Bosch and were paid by Bosch just like so many other engineers around the world working on the common rail system, they all worked to improve the system over the years.

Good morning!

The one that is mis-informed is you, Sir. The plants have small “development teams” to support their local OEM customers. If they need, for example, an investigation quickly if any failure occurs to not have to ship parts overseas and lose a lot of time.

They can also do design changes to meet the customer’s engine, like adapting the outer shape of the injector body to fit into the cylinder head. But the development of all “functional” components of the injector internals is NOT done in the plants.

For the record, what Bosch bought was not a functioning common rail system. They bought patents of the company Magneti Marelli to utilize their Common Rail design because at the time they were not able to produce the results Bosch desired. And Bosch developed the common rail system until it is the way it is today. But Bosch is not the only one producing Common Rail systems. There is Delphi, Denso, Liebherr, Scania and so on building their own developed CR system. You need to do some research if you doubt what I tell you.

I also never said that the two Gentlemen at BBI developed the CR system, but they were working in the development department. These are just a few of the facts about the Engineers at BBi that differentiate them from the other performance injector companies in the states.

Thank you!

Good morning!

The one that is mis-informed is you, Sir. The plants have small “development teams” to support their local OEM customers. If they need, for example, an investigation quickly if any failure occurs to not have to ship parts overseas and lose a lot of time.

They can also do design changes to meet the customer’s engine, like adapting the outer shape of the injector body to fit into the cylinder head. But the development of all “functional” components of the injector internals is NOT done in the plants.

For the record, what Bosch bought was not a functioning common rail system. They bought patents of the company Magneti Marelli to utilize their Common Rail design because at the time they were not able to produce the results Bosch desired. And Bosch developed the common rail system until it is the way it is today. But Bosch is not the only one producing Common Rail systems. There is Delphi, Denso, Liebherr, Scania and so on building their own developed CR system. You need to do some research if you doubt what I tell you.

I also never said that the two Gentlemen at BBI developed the CR system, but they were working in the development department. These are just a few of the facts about the Engineers at BBi that differentiate them from the other performance injector companies in the states.

Thank you!

Sorry, but now your just trying to cover your a$$.

I have IN MY HANDS THE PARTS, that prove you dead wrong. How many sets of complete billet injectors do you have? Again NOT production parts yet complete billet bodies and internal components. Common Rail billet injectors, injector rails and custom line sets. All of which were produced right here in the USA.

For the record the plant I spoke of did not produce production injectors, it was a engineering, development and OEM support facility. So your Austrian guys are lying to you or you are trying to lye to us but in either case now that you have been properly informed its time for you to stop the misinformation.

As for companies that produce common rail systems I know there are plenty others but this conversation was about Bosch, not them and your complete BS line about Austria only, is just CRAP. Since you clearly know so little about what Bosch really does and where it does it, maybe you should keep your Austria ex Bosch employee's selling in Austria

Brian, as I've suggested before, this forum sees straight through your bull$hit, so do yourself a favor and start posting facts, dyno sheets, and hp gains. You aren't the only game in town, trust me.

He seems to avoid the posts that he can't mumble around. That appears to be yours.

I'm starting to see why he was shown the door on that other forum now. :bang

Thank you for posting yet another useless post Purn! It is expected from you. No useful contributions. Just as with every Woolsey post as well, here and CF. Stupidity is the result! 2nd graders?

However, You were just shown the reason I was shown the door at that forum earlier in this thread. You read but have no comprehension.

quote Mr Sensitivity: You have until 8am 3/4/15 to answer the questions listed above, this truly is your last chance. If these questions are not answered completely this account, and any others you create will be banned permanently. You have had plenty of time to asnwer these questions Brian.

quote Mr Sensitivity: "He was banned for avoiding questions, not showing anything technical, and discussing BBI injectors as a Smarty vendor."

I find it comical that this Lukewarm kid, the CF moderator Matt/Sensitivity/ mgrahambo follows me over here just to sling garbage. Wow, 5 posts here at Comp D? The first 4 on the thread he started in 2012, the day he joined to post up a junk turbo for sale and no postings till now! Simply comes to Comp D to sell junk or cause issues with paying sponsors of those products he does not cheer for. He shows his true character no doubt.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536977&postcount=86

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136907

2004.5 2500 QCSB 4x4, Dual 165 Air Doggs, 14mm Mains, Girdle, Exergy 150% overs, Side Draft port polished head,Dual CP3's, 66/484 Compounds, Carrillos, Balanced, Firepunk Trans and HP Tuning D&J Precision

2004.5 Carrillos | Girdle | Balanced | Spearco Intercooler | 14mm Mains | 150% Exergy's | PPE Dual CP3's w/ 10mm Stroker pump | Firepunk 66/84 Billet Compounds | Firepunk Comp 2 48re | Dual 165 Air Dog's | D&J Precison Ported/Polished Head w/ Side-draft Intake | Tuned by a cute hobbit who always has warm hands with fingernails that illuminate whatever they hold 1120HP

I also find it comical the idiotic posting responses from the likes of a handful on here. Only a few have the mentality to have an intelligent back and forth conversation, even if the conversations are not in agreement, like Diesel Tech for example. He may need to do further research but at least he can carry on a reasonable discussion.

Sure wunderwood! I have posted graphs. If you can not use the search feature on all the forums I will help you by digging them up.

HP gains seem to be your only concern. Not the improvements made to design, operation and longevity? There is a lot to consider when investigating CR injectors.

I'm sure sales have SKYROCKETED, all thanks to these dated, predigested, textbook responses, and internet battling on CompD!!!

Sho Nuff! Enough that our engineers were forced into leaving their positions on Bosch's Common Rail Injector design team just so they can keep up with BBi Injector production.

Thanks man!

Back