whos got the best intercooler boots

Peak boots FTW! love them and are way beyond all the others for durability.

Peak boots FTW! love them and are way beyond all the others for durability.

Been running them for a long time, don't know, 7 or 8 years, I'll let you know when I blown one up...and they have been to 80-85 psi more times than I can count.

Jim

Not sure about beyond, but they seem to be doing the job. Of coarse I don't think there is a boot out there that will hold 90-100psi coming off the secondary at above 500* for an extended period of time.

Bd boots suck don't wast your money there. If your talkin about the pipe to inner cooler
Get the peak or piers or Haisley ones. I would run stockers before the bd ones

I also split a BD boot, replaced with a Peak but have not ran it yet.

I split a BD boot, after 5 years and it was chaffed a lot. The other BD is still holding a year later. The split BD was replaced with a Peak...fitment was a bit better and it was readily available.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

My BD split after like 5,000 miles, 60 psi at most. As far as using rad hose for the straight ones, I did this on a CR with no problems but it only has an Edge.

i ordered the ones from peak..i had to put it on just to get back home from work yesterday..good thing i brought the tools..just in case

BD boot blown @ 90-100psi...

After that went with PEAK boots, they have held that and more, a lot better quality IMO.

34223_424246776088_8125661_n.jpg

i got the peak yesterday but didnt have a chance to even open the box. ill be puttin em on this weekend sometime i hope...goddam job wont gimme no tim off tho..im so sick of werkin dammit

i was gonna use brakleen to clean em..soak em with hirspray and then slide em on.

what about the oil in the tubes already. idk really what happened..barely any but some...jus not gonna worry bout it huh..clean em..spray em...tighten em up!

BD boot blown @ 90-100psi...

After that went with PEAK boots, they have held that and more, a lot better quality IMO.

View attachment 37831

The BD boot that blew on mine looked like that, it's now wrapped around the one good BD boot with a few hose clamps to prevent expansion and abrasion. It's holding well, so far.

I always use hairspray on them. I have been using peak with turnbuckles for the extra security

from phone

mine havent blown apart like that..they just keep comin off..and theyre really soft feeling. when i test the system they blow up like balloons at 40 psi but they dont rip..they just blow off. the worst one is the one into the intake horn..that one wont stay on,,,

I've been having good luck with the connectors from Mandrel Bending Solutions. Usually use Brake Clean when putting them on. I've also gone through and welded an extra high bead on the piping too.

Back