Why won't my truck dyno good?

Rowland is bringing his this weekend so I'll check it with that. It'd be nice if I could crank the boost up higher but we'll see.

back to tst on 9 and smarty on 9 arguement, if this does not produce max power you do not have enough turbo. I guess the makers or these two chips decided to put levels above 6 and 7 there for looks. But ask jet pilot he is darn near genius.

DOCTOR DIESEL said:
back to tst on 9 and smarty on 9 arguement, if this does not produce max power you do not have enough turbo. I guess the makers or these two chips decided to put levels above 6 and 7 there for looks. But ask jet pilot he is darn near genius.

DD,

Not a genius but rather lots of dyno time trying out different products. Now for the TST and Smarty stack, if you would just read posts on here you would already know that 9 and 9 don't work best no matter what size or how many turbos you have.

DD, I've got a few other friends who used to run TST COMP/Smarty stacks and they also both made their best power with smarty on either 3 or 5 and tst on 6 or 7. It's a proven fact. Smarty 9 on the dyno and on the street is just to much fuel to soon and drowns the motor down even if you have twins. I've been dynoing a TST/Smarty combo for a couple of years now with different size injectors and turbo's and my best power has always come from levels 6 or 7 on the TST. Hell, it's been proven time and time again at the track that level 3 on the smarty is faster than level 9 and I've proven it myself on my own truck. Now, if you have some evidence to back up your claims of smarty 9 and tst comp 9 make more power other than you just saying they do then by all means let me know cause I'll try anything on this truck but from my personal experience and experience with other trucks it doesn't.

People are running into the same problem with the quad adrenaline. Levels 7 and 8 make the most power. Not level 10. Now, one thing I chalk this up to is that maybe on a stock truck with stock injectors the VP can keep up at the max levels but once you start throwing in big injectors the VP just can't physically keep up with the demand. Just like draining the rail on a CR truck. Your asking more than the pump can give so your power goes down.

Last edited:
Smarty on 9 doesnt add more power, it brings it on faster.

BigB82789 said:
Smarty on 9 doesnt add more power, it brings it on faster.

True statement. Bob and Marco will tell you the same thing. Levels 5-9 add the same power but it's the manner in which they bring it in that is different. I figured that a big hot shot like you would know that.

BgBlDodge said:
This wasn't spikes. It was vibrating so fast you couldn't see the needle at all.

Not sure if this helps, but my drive pressure gauge did that only with the exhaust brake on. The needle vibrated so fast and hard that it rattled so harshly that I could feel it in plastic pillar cover. It was impossible to read the pressure as the needle swung the entire range. With the brake off the needle was calm and steady, just like a boost gauge.

How would a bad MAP sensor effect the boost fooling from the TST? It would defuel at 20 psi if the ECM was not a getting fooled signal. This would effect the truck at all times especially with the TST turned off.

One time I disconnected the TST MAP connection. When I started the engine it blew the pump tap wire fuse. I called TST and the tech knew exactly what I had done when I told him what I saw on the TST remote. So I am pretty sure the TST needs to see a good MAP connection, power or ground I am not sure which.

Jim

Well the MAP sensor might not be telling the TST the right amount of boost so it's not fueling correctly. That's the only thing that I can think of.

You would think that if the map wasnt showing the right boost then the truck would fuel trying to get a boost reading. But on my truck it was just there was nothing. It didnt role smoke like it was trying to keep fueling to get a boost reading.

I think the whole map sensor problems are odd. And there is no one problem they cause.

I wish I had a Drag comp laying around. I would send it to you to use, just to test your fueling issue. Have you tried calling quad to see if he'll send you a Adrenaline? The surging is now gone & the new program doesn't fuel based on boost.

Bout time you went over 500. You and I have been fighting this for a while. I guess a new MAP sensor is next on the list.

Nah. Remote start install ended up taking more time than we thought so it didn't get done. I ordered a new MAP sensor today and it'll be in tomorrow. I'm also gonna check drive pressures tomorrow as well.

Well I put the new map sensor in today (turns out I didn't need the harness either) and so far initial results are no improvement but we'll see tomorrow when I head to class.

BgBlDodge said:
Well I put the new map sensor in today (turns out I didn't need the harness either) and so far initial results are no improvement but we'll see tomorrow when I head to class.
Have you driven it?

Not long enough to get a good reading. I've been busy around the house today getting stuff setup so I can move. Once my buddy gets off work we are gonna go and do some drive pressure testing and what not. I'll keep ya up to date.

Well after talking with industrial and a couple of other folks I have come to find out that these injectors need the hot rod pump to make them work good because apparently the hot rod has higher pressures and these injectors need higher pressures in order to run at their best. So I'm having a set of 7x.010 injectors made up.

Back